Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Duplicolor spray on clear bra...not bad

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  1Sonterra 
#1 ·
Well I bought some of this stuff http://www.duplicolor.com/products/shield.html about 6-8mos ago from pep-boys, used it for the first time on the V a week or two ago and it worked pretty damn good and does exactly like it advertised.....now keep in mind they recommend you remove it after 3 days, which I did since thats how long the road trip was....west palm-tallahasee (FSU) one thing I will say though, LET IT DRY...it kinda streaked up the hood since I took off like 10 min after I applied it...but in my defence the can says 8-10 minutes and it's dry...ok on to the part you wanna know about.....last road trip It took me 30minutes to get the bugs off the front end with a 3500psi pressure cleaner...well, this time it took me >5 minutes...so it did it's job....it's no permanent clear bra...but, I don't take enough road trips to warrant a clear bra...besides the jerkoff that owned the car before me left bugs on the front end for a long while and well, you can only imagine...so the paints not perfect.....but all in all, the spray on bra works, so don't be afraid to use it on your precious V ;)

#4 ·
^^ it scared me too...but I realized it's just a damn car and If I have to get the bumper repainted due to a stupid mistake sobeit. My bumper looks like hell anyways, along with my mirrors...I guess that's why I didn't care....I'm more hesitant to try a new product on my $40,000 (reality 6k) camaro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.