: 99 ELDO coolant level Question.

AKETC
07-07-07, 04:31 PM
Yes I know it's been asked a million times, but I am still a little confused about something. So the other day my check coolant message comes on. No bigge I forgot to tighten the cap before I took off and some sputtered out. So fill the tank back up. Sure makes it easy being a black tank to see where you are at.:confused: Anyway I add about a gallon and stop. Peaking in there with a flashlight trying to find the right level at 2 1/2" from spout. Mine seems to be further. even measured it. Well know the deal is the way the tank fills up it seems like I could add endless amounts off coolant as I add some it levels out to a certian level. Like the coolant is going somewhere, but only to a point. AM I seeing that wrong? It almost seems like I could never fill the tank to the rim(yes I know it not supposed to go that high) if I wanted to like a normal tank on my other cars. Where is the coolant going or have I just not added enough? It's not going out the over flow tube which is at a higher level. Or am I just seeing things.

Ranger
07-07-07, 05:26 PM
It is going into the cooling system. You were lower than you thought. Keep filling it till it gets to the 2" mark. Rev to 3-4K a few times to purge any air in the system, then check it again after it cools.

AKETC
07-08-07, 02:55 PM
Thanks Ranger I figured it out. You were right at that I was just lower than I had thought. I added so much that it threw me off.

clarkz71
07-08-07, 03:25 PM
Another satisfied member.

lisekpl
07-09-07, 04:27 AM
I was just about to say that maybe you had one of those miniature black holes somewhere in your engine that was sucking up all your coolant. They do exist, seriously.