Cadillac Owners Forum banner

What's This Light For ?

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  DopeStar 156 
#1 ·
Hi guys,
As a new Fleetwood Owner ,I have a question about my car .So, do you have an idea what is it there you can see in the picture ?
It's located on the top of the rear roof inside the car .It's a red color and it continually lights up as the engine runs .

See less See more
#2 ·
That sir, is a brake light and turn signal light display. Fiber optic cables from your tail lights run to that little box and lets you know if they are working properly/on. My '85 Brougham has them too. First time i saw them i was like wtf is that? Then i figured it out.

I like it, i mean its kind of pointless, but if one of your bulbs burns out,you'll know when you are looking in the rearview. So it may save you from getting pulled over.

#5 ·
Ok,thanks for the informative reply . There are also similar ones located onto the fenders for the headlights and signals as well . :) .I noticed as soon as you get high beams ,those indicators change their colors :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.