: What's This Light For ?

Cadillacboy
07-07-07, 12:49 PM
Hi guys,
As a new Fleetwood Owner ,I have a question about my car .So, do you have an idea what is it there you can see in the picture ?
It's located on the top of the rear roof inside the car .It's a red color and it continually lights up as the engine runs .
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/6461/dsc00259smalldi7.th.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00259smalldi7.jpg)

Jonas McFeely
07-07-07, 12:55 PM
That sir, is a brake light and turn signal light display. Fiber optic cables from your tail lights run to that little box and lets you know if they are working properly/on. My '85 Brougham has them too. First time i saw them i was like wtf is that? Then i figured it out.

I like it, i mean its kind of pointless, but if one of your bulbs burns out,you'll know when you are looking in the rearview. So it may save you from getting pulled over.

Cadillac Giovanni
07-07-07, 01:13 PM
Interestingly enough, one of my lights burned out once, yet both of those interior lights stayed lit.

Jonas McFeely
07-07-07, 01:17 PM
Did both bulbs burn out in the same taillight?

Cadillacboy
07-07-07, 03:24 PM
Ok,thanks for the informative reply . There are also similar ones located onto the fenders for the headlights and signals as well . :) .I noticed as soon as you get high beams ,those indicators change their colors :)

Jonas McFeely
07-07-07, 03:50 PM
When my highbeams are on, my fender indicators turn blue.

JRau
07-07-07, 05:36 PM
I love those indicator lights! They are classy, get lots of comments from car show people, and they are useful! Wish they still put these in cars today...

JRau

Cadillac Giovanni
07-08-07, 12:06 AM
yes, both lights were out, and once i had a headlight out and the front indicator stayed on as well.

Wheelman322
07-08-07, 06:39 AM
I love those indicator lights! They are classy, get lots of comments from car show people, and they are useful! Wish they still put these in cars today...

JRau

Couldn't have said it better myself. I love them and find them extremely useful. When I was a little kid I remember being fascinated by the ones in the back of my dads 73 coupe.

pompste
07-09-07, 07:47 PM

JRau

I`m glad i have these indicator lights in my Deville-----just last week,while looking in the rear view mirror, the the right hand side little red indicator went out,so i checked my rear right tailight and sure enough 1 of the bulbs was burned out.

z06bigbird
07-10-07, 12:11 AM
Where you guys been, man. Caddy started using those lights in the early 60s. Some people's kids!!!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-10-07, 12:16 AM

JRau

Exactly!! :highfive:

Why did they get rid of them? I always thought they were such a neat little thing and I always love showing them to people when they first see my car, and people generally always ask about them, especially the ones on the hood.

lochenjons
07-10-07, 10:47 PM
just another one of the "rick people features" i love

305Caddy
07-11-07, 12:28 AM
Man.............. mine dont work for shit
well on the bright side thats just a lill more time I get to spend with my cadillac

DopeStar 156
07-13-07, 11:03 AM
Some of mine are dimmer than others. Can't figure out why....