: Mary Kay STS?

93DevilleUSMC
07-06-07, 07:33 PM
I thought that Mary Kay only gave DTS variants to it's sellers. Does anyone have any information on the Mary Kay STS?

ejguillot
07-06-07, 07:49 PM
Do a search, I remember reading a post about the reward structure for Mary Kay. Something about National Sales Directors being allowed to pick any Cadillac that wasn't a V... and getting $2500 to spend on dealer options.

c5 rv
07-06-07, 08:15 PM
I undertand that all the MK cars are leased and must be returned to GM and repainted before being put on the used market.

Cajonkev
07-06-07, 11:10 PM
There is a full thread on it back aways during the 05 release as I recall.

mocts
07-07-07, 11:58 AM
woo did she get a v8 sts?

Cajonkev
07-07-07, 02:18 PM
This is one of the threads I was remembering. The other dealt with MK returns and the prep to re-color them to White Diamond before being resold.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-beyond/63668-2006-mary-kay-sts.html?highlight=Mary+Kay+STS

dkozloski
07-07-07, 03:30 PM
I saw a Mary Kay Mustang the other day. I don't think GM wants it back, white or not.

93DevilleUSMC
07-07-07, 03:53 PM
woo did she get a v8 sts?

I don't know if she did or not; I had barely enough time to snap the photo before it passed me.

ewill3rd
07-07-07, 03:54 PM
I have seen Mary Kay SRX, DTS and XLR.
Not sure of the details.
We have a few of them go through from time to time.

Benjamin Simon
07-07-07, 08:44 PM
I have seen a DTS. When I first saw it, I was like WTF is wrong with that one!
I just seems sort of stupid.

c5 rv
07-07-07, 09:24 PM
I have seen a DTS. When I first saw it, I was like WTF is wrong with that one!
I just seems sort of stupid.

It's a source of great pride in their business.

dkozloski
07-08-07, 12:09 AM
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Jesda
07-08-07, 01:39 AM
A pink Cadillac isn't just any pink car. Its a Cadillac.

Pink Cadillacs are an American institution.

dkozloski
07-08-07, 02:18 AM
The Mustang was white with pink lettering. Anybody with such an abomination should be in an institution.

caddycruiser
07-08-07, 10:14 PM
Yep, I've seen them.

Actually, the last Mary Kay car I saw was a fully decked out '05/06 STS V8 1SG package. I was rounding a corner on a local back road when all of a sudden a shimmering new STS caught my eye waiting to turn on, which also happened to be the new Mary Kay pearl pink shade. Definitely not overtly pink, and looked really cool.

And yes, from what's been discussed here, DTS's are the common car, but those on the even higher echelon get a choice of Cadillac...hence, the case here.

z06bigbird
07-08-07, 10:52 PM
I undertand that all the MK cars are leased and must be returned to GM and repainted before being put on the used market.

So that is why I see only a handful of them--and especially no older ones. What happens with any that are in an accident and end up at auction??? Certainly, that has happened--especially with female drivers.

c5 rv
07-09-07, 05:45 PM
There have been reports of a number slipping by. There may also be people who actually asked a bodyshop to recreate the color just because they like pink.

Not only are they women drivers, they are often distracted women drivers trying to do business behind the wheel. Probably a good idea to give them a wide berth on the road.

coati
07-09-07, 07:13 PM
Some insite into the GM/Mary Kay partnership.
Have yet to see one in The S.F. Bay Area.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/080506dnbusmarykay.1f4e7bc.html

dkozloski
07-10-07, 02:02 PM
What the Mary K rewards program indicates is that the customers are getting skinned by paying high prices in a pyramid marketing scheme that has lots of excess profits to spread around. It's the American dream in action. Sell overpriced luxury items to customers that have more money than good sense.

malatu
07-13-07, 05:16 PM
What the Mary K rewards program indicates is that the customers are getting skinned by paying high prices in a pyramid marketing scheme that has lots of excess profits to spread around. It's the American dream in action. Sell overpriced luxury items to customers that have more money than good sense.

.... hmmm ... are you referring to makeup or automobiles?

urbanski
07-13-07, 05:41 PM

koz knows alot about both :run:

dkozloski
07-13-07, 05:42 PM
This ones a twofer.

z06bigbird
07-13-07, 07:40 PM

touche'

z06bigbird
07-13-07, 07:43 PM
Word on the street is that Koz and Richard Simmons are starting some kind of an overpriced business deal selling what they normally sell.

dkozloski
07-13-07, 08:18 PM
I retired and gave Richard Simmons the business but I think his business fell off.

oldschool1
07-14-07, 07:46 PM
The Mustang was white with pink lettering. Anybody with such an abomination should be in an institution.
What about a one of one, factory painted Lincoln Mark VII called PINKIN? :stirpot:

http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/albums/pinkin/DSCF1399.sized.jpg (http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/pinkin)
(http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/Gallery/pinkin)

I love luxury sport coupes and Cadillac has it's fair share.

By the way;
Yes, this is a real photo of a real car.
No, it's not a Mary Kay car.
Yes, it a verified one of one.
No, it has never been owned by a woman :)
Yes, it has a bit of a history (http://thelincolnmarkviiclub.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1643&p=14126&hilit=%26quot%3Btime+line%26quot%3B#p14126).
No, I have yet to have my head examined. They'd find nothing there anyway.
Yes, I collect Lincoln Mark VIIs.
No, I don't drive a Cadillac but,
Yes, I do ~own~ a Cadillac.

dkozloski
07-17-07, 01:57 PM
Years ago a local guy had his red Cadillac painted white but the red bled through and it came out pink. He had it painted white again and it still came out pink. Bleeding reds are a bugger.

dhemrick
09-24-07, 04:38 PM
So, does anybody know about the paint jobs done on these cars before they reach the used car market? Since these are lease turn-ins and they are not allowed to be resold as Mary Kay pink, then the paint job is obviously GM authorized. Is it GM warranteed as well? Has anyone on here bought an ex-Mary Kay car?

The reason I ask is that we're seriously looking at a good price on a loaded low mileage 05 STS that was a former Mary Kay car and I'd like to know if anyone knows about the repaint quality on these cars.

dkozloski
09-24-07, 09:10 PM
So, does anybody know about the paint jobs done on these cars before they reach the used car market? Since these are lease turn-ins and they are not allowed to be resold as Mary Kay pink, then the paint job is obviously GM authorized. Is it GM warranteed as well? Has anyone on here bought an ex-Mary Kay car?

The reason I ask is that we're seriously looking at a good price on a loaded low mileage 05 STS that was a former Mary Kay car and I'd like to know if anyone knows about the repaint quality on these cars.
Earl Scheib $99.95. No ups. No extras. 1/2 hr bodywork thrown in free.

z06bigbird
09-24-07, 10:38 PM
Next time you see a Mary Kay rep, ask for the price on a gallon of finger nail polish.

1/10 oz X 10 X 128 = gallon

$10.00 X 10 X 128 = $12,800 per gallon. Prices may vary according to market.

Leicajh
09-26-07, 12:44 AM
Hello all, I'm new here. I passed a Pink Mary Kay DTS in Dallas today. The odd thing was the car had a U.S. Marine Corps decal on left passenger window. Then I got lost in Big D and drove past the Mary Kay HQ. Must be a sign?:bigroll: