: Tire replacement ?

robert
07-06-07, 04:25 PM
I am going to replace my tires on my STS, and I was thinking about replacing them with GOODYEAR EAGLE F-1, has anyone replaced their tires with the Goodyear F-1's, if you have do you recommend them or do you recommend any other brand over the F-1's. Appreciate your input, Thanks !

Force-1
07-06-07, 08:39 PM
I was interested in the new Eagle F1 A/S; however, they just came out, and the right sizes for the STS are not available yet. I had Kumho Ecsta ASX tires installed on my car a few hours ago--replaced the crappy OEM Michelin's. So far so good, though very limited mileage. I did note the car tracks much better.

cooncat
07-08-07, 05:08 PM
I have the Kumho Esta tires on my STS, they are very good except they do slide in the rain. I'm not sure how long they will last, but I know not as long as the Goodyear Comfortrends I had on the Monte Carlo. I hope these last about 20,000 miles. I know I am dreaming.

Curious George
07-12-07, 11:25 PM
I wore out the OE Michelin Pilot Sports on my '06 1SG/PHP (255/45-18 on all four corners) at 26,000 miles and had a fun time doing it. I replaced them with Goodyear Eagle F1-GS-D3 tires in the same size. I now have 33,000 miles on the car (7,000 miles on the Goodyears). They are holding up well to my enthusiastic driving habits. They are noticeably better than the OE Michelins in every respect except road noise on coarse asphalt roads.

My first choice was Bridgestone Potenza RE050A Pole Position, but they were not available in the correct size and load rating (99Y) when I needed new tires last February. Every year, in most every way, tires get better every year. Does anyone have any comments on Michelin's Pilot Sport 2?

Skibanker
07-13-07, 06:46 PM
Am I the only one that got the Michelin Energy LX4 tire as original equipment? I never see them mentioned here. I have to say I'm pretty happy with mine. After 18,000 miles and two rotation/balance jobs (at each oil change), I have tons of tread left. They look like they'll go to 50k.

Force-1
07-13-07, 08:18 PM
I just completed a 1000 mile round trip, ABQ to Denver. I am very pleased with the new Kumho Ecsta ASX tires. I got caught in a heavy downpour on I-25 today, and I cruised through it at 80 MPH with complete confidence. :thumbsup:

RedGalant2k1
07-13-07, 09:18 PM
Am I the only one that got the Michelin Energy LX4 tire as original equipment? I never see them mentioned here. I have to say I'm pretty happy with mine. After 18,000 miles and two rotation/balance jobs (at each oil change), I have tons of tread left. They look like they'll go to 50k.

The Micheline Energy LX4s aren't a common option on the STS. If I remember correctly they are original on the STS4.

In any case they aren't a high sport tire like the Pilot HX MXM4s, but are very nice in luxury ride and traction. Much better than the HX MXM4s imo.

As for the Goodyear F1s? Great tires I've had only satisfied customers who've purchased those tires. Very high end, very nice performance.