Cadillac Owners Forum banner
7K views 106 replies 28 participants last post by  GMBOUND 
#1 ·
August 18, 2007

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Got the wild idea tonight about driving the 11.5 hours to the Big D. Last time I was in the Detroit area was for a quick buy-n-scoot of some snowmobiles.

Let's get a V thing going somewhere. Reed, use your GM connections to get us a little "corporate" V marketing event. How about a '09 V mule for us (we'll sign the waivers) and kick the tires? :D

Recommendations for a nice hotel for the wife and I?

#3 ·
Randy and I already talked about this since we tried it last year and had about five of us meet up. I am interested and will be there. I know a few others would like to make it from what Randy said. If anyone has any connections that would be nice.

It's a great event with lots of cars cruising the entire week before.

As far as hotels go, there are a ton but i am sure many are booked. Troy, Royal Oak, Birmingham are just a few cities in the area that would work. They are all not far. It just depends what you are looking for.

#5 ·
Fantastic Event, went in 04 going back this year. No V for me though, why would anyone put those kind of miles on their baby?

#6 ·
Ill be there again this year.....my college roommate lives about 2 blocks off Woodward in Birmingham, Ill see if I can get him to host a party for the V fellas....grill out and all the goodies. Let me know how many to expect and Ill make the arrangements. If we get a dozen or so, Ill buy the dogs/burgers/beers for all who attend.

F

#7 ·
Me "I have this great idea for a mini vacation - The Woodward Dream Cruise!" :kissrock:
Her "Where's it at?" :hmm:
Me "Michigan. Detriot. Eleven and a half hours away."
Her "I want to sit in a car for over eleven hours for what?" :eek:
Me "It's one of THE gearhead car events; a must do before you die thing."
She gives me that look. :bigroll:
Her "What am I supposed to do?" :confused:
Me "You can ride in a cool black Cadillac the entire trip." :lildevil:
Me "Maybe it'll be a beautiful 75 degree day instead of 95 like today?" :canadian:
Her "I want to sit in a car for over 11 hours for what?" :bigroll:

Time for plan B. I'm going to need a speeding ticket avoidance plan if flying solo. :burn:

#12 ·
Me "I have this great idea for a mini vacation - The Woodward Dream Cruise!" :kissrock:
Her "Where's it at?" :hmm:
Me "Michigan. Detriot. Eleven and a half hours away."
Her "I want to sit in a car for over eleven hours for what?" :eek:
Me "It's one of THE gearhead car events; a must do before you die thing."
She gives me that look. :bigroll:
Her "What am I supposed to do?" :confused:
Me "You can ride in a cool black Cadillac the entire trip." :lildevil:
Me "Maybe it'll be a beautiful 75 degree day instead of 95 like today?" :canadian:
Her "I want to sit in a car for over 11 hours for what?" :bigroll:

Time for plan B. I'm going to need a speeding ticket avoidance plan if flying solo. :burn:
Ha ha. I am never getting married. Fly solo. Cruise control it.

#8 ·
Nice offer, Florian! :thumbsup: Thanks!!! Birmingham is a nice place to be and right in the thick of the action.

Be nicer, however, if GM or Cadillac or a Caddy dealer would see this as an outstanding marketing tool to have a bunch of us show up with our cars all shined up to the max, grinning ear to ear, at the biggest car event in the world, promoting their products basically for free ... gotta be worth some grits and a few brewskis, wouldn't you think?

Local and out-state V guys include Barry007, SwampFox, ronr, mbiker97, Commander112, Woody_MI, Rockafella, iwinagn, Dale, Eric G, slothV, Ryan's '05V, and me. Not to mention there's a ton of CTS guys/gals who'd love to be there, too.

I'd love to meet the guys from around here that I haven't yet met plus Rick and anyone else from out of town ... and I've just got to see Florian's rear end. :eek: Heck, we can talk mods for hours and hours and swap lies ... er-r, I mean stories, too.

If you're a car guy and you've never been, all I can say is see it once in your lifetime ... just once. According to the local news reports, it's already started with cars cruising every day and night, but this thing will crescendo during the week leading up to August 18th and will peak that day. It's HUGE!

#11 ·
:yeah: I'll be there (despite Randy forgetting me in his lising of locals!?)

Hotel wise - if cash is not an issue, the Townsend Hotel in Downtown Birmingham is where most of the rich & famous stay when in town:thumbsup:

If that is too pricey, then Radisson Kingsley Inn- Bloomfield Hills is right on Woodward a few miles north of downtown Birmingham; If you want something different I think there are also some little known Bed and Breakfasts in the Bloomfield Hills area on some old lakeside estate or something, try searching . . .

#13 ·
Well, Maybe the Townsend Hotel or one of the bed and breakfasts (on a quick look I found "the wrens nest" in West Bloomfield or "Cobblestone Manor" in Auburn Hills both about 15 min from Woodward Cruiseage) along with all the shopping your wife could do in Birmingham or Troy (somerset mall . . .) would entice her to travel with you . . . on the other hand it would be ALOT cheaper to just leave her home . . .:thumbsup:

#21 ·
and also Ill be staying at the Townsend while im there, hopefully do something near there

#14 ·
MescalVto!!! How could I forget you?!!

Actually, I DID remember you, but got so worried I'd forget someone else, that I neglected (that's another word for flat-a$$ forgot :banghead:) to list you.

Geez, do you guys think we can outdo those cowboys down south for the most V's at a meet? :stirpot:

What about the Cannucks? Bet we could get some of them here, too. (I'm one quarter Cannuck, so I can get away with calling them that. :p ) Jon?

#16 ·
What, your V a garage queen? Fill it up with gas, punch MI into the Nav and drive.... :mob:

My V is a Picasso garage queen but that's a story for another day. Working on escalating the fear of pushrods into the Bimmer next door... :lildevil:

Come to Michigan and see it...

#20 ·
im headed right from Bondurant to michigan to see the dream cruise, unfortunately I wont have my car

#25 ·
If you would like to have a staging area for the Woodward Cruise, we would like to welcome you to our facility in Troy, Mi. We are just a few miles off of Woodward and can provide coffee, bagels and donuts and a place to talk mods and shine up your V's for the cruise.

#27 ·
hmmm wonder if i could talk the wife in to makin the trip from TN ,,,,,,, wait,,,,did you say there was a mall close by,,,,,and how big,,,,LOL !!!!

hafta check the schedule ,,,but might be able to make the trip,,, would love to meet some of you guys and see your cars,,, course then id just be jealous and have to dive into mod-hell head first,,,,,

#29 ·
... did you say there was a mall close by ... have to dive into mod-hell head first,,,,,
There's a bunch of standard malls around, but Somerset Mall is Big BIG Buck$ -- way over my head -- plus it's the closest one to Woodward. Downtown Birmingham (through which Woodward goes and where Florian is rumored to hangout at this time) is also filled with shops for the well-heeled woman. Won't take her long to max out a couple of credit cards there!

I might be willing to sell my NASCAR tickets for the August race to do Woodward this year since it looks like we might have a nice V showing...
Do it!

#32 ·
If you guys are actually meeting up I may join you, but the cruise itself bores me. Seeing bad ass cars sitting in rush hour traffic kinda sucks.

p.s. I love Sommerset because even though it is the baller mall they still have all the regular stores too, plus they had the first Puma store in MI.

#33 ·
Well, thought it might be time to resurrect Rick's thread especially with Mike possibly putting together a plant tour up the road in Lansing the day before.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forum...m/113702-gauging-interest-cts-plant-tour.html

Rick, are you still mired in Mod Hell?
Florian, is your offer still good for refreshments? (Some of us closer guys could help out with that I would think. I could bring a cooler with :alchi:.)
Bigjim, still interested? ... can you make it?
SlothV, you're just down the street.
Ronr, are you traveling during that time ... can you be there?
Ryan, can you get a few hours off home duties?
MescalVto, you'll be there, won't you?
Barry007, I know you'll be there.
Chef, it's a long way ... whaddya say?
A1beshouri, somebody'll give you a lift then you can give us a personal account of Bondurant.
Chris2002wb, we'll drop your wife off at the mall ... you comin'?
Woody_MI, this is your last chance before you move to Austin.
Swampfox, can you do it again this year?
Jon, there's a ton of Canadians here ... can you do it?
Who've I forgotten? Anybody else want to chime in?

Others can confirm this, but even now, the cars are starting to show up on Woodward Avenue ... all day and especially at night. This weekend it's gonna start building and building. The weather here has been mid-80's at night ... perfect for cruising. The week leading up to this is a sight to behold. Some stuff you wonder, "how the heck did he get a license for that to be on the street!" Burnouts, loud motors, screeching tires, and lots of cars. Here's that link again ...

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

#36 ·
Depending on exact time of getting together I might be able to make it. My 2 year old's third birthday party is that day and I'm guessing I can't skip that! :thepan:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.