Cadillac Owners Forum banner

New Clutch Break in Period

Tags
install
693 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  2002BlueWS6 
#1 ·
Just had the dealer install a new clutch under warranty. They said there is no break in period or procedures for a new clutch.

I have been told otherwise by some other enthusiast I know, that I should keep the RPMS under 5k and not load the clutch too heavily for at least 5k miles. Is this true?

#2 ·
Just had the dealer install a new clutch under warranty. They said there is no break in period or procedures for a new clutch.

I have been told otherwise by some other enthusiast I know, that I should keep the RPMS under 5k and not load the clutch too heavily for at least 5k miles. Is this true?
I assume the "5k mile" is typo, yes. Nothing gets a 5k mile break-in!!

#3 ·
:thumbsup:

Yes, there is a break-in period. Usually around 500 miles. At least that's what Spec told me and my new clutch/flywheel is stiff like a drum and engages at the top 1/4 - It's difficult to drive on from 1st-2nd for right now but should get a touch better....

Not sure on your rpms question because I've never heard that but would keep the dumping to a minimum.

Now go have fun without the clutch sticking to the floor at redline:eek:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.