: Performance upgrades

BirdJC
07-05-07, 11:48 AM
Hi all, I was just wondering if there were any common performance tricks you were aware of to get a little more life out of the new STS's? I've installed the corsa exhaust which is very nice, plus going to invest in a high flow air filter soon. But I just haven't heard/read of any "handheld" programmers etc. that may be available to the do it your selfer at home to these cars?

Cajonkev
07-05-07, 04:02 PM
As far as I know still no "home" options as of yet.

Several folks hinted that they had chips/programmers coming but that was all well over a year ago and nothing really seemed to come of it.

Getting the Euro specs into the system from an agreeable servicer seems about all that can be done although that isn't the easiest of gets either.

Perhaps there are others here that know something and are willing to share...

Number 3
07-05-07, 06:49 PM
how do you like the exhaust? Is it a lot louder? How does the exhaust note sound?

BirdJC
07-06-07, 09:43 AM
The exhaust is perfect IMO. It sounds really aggressive when you first start the car at idle. But at cruising speeds its quiet so you don't have that annoying drone. But when you get on it at stoplights or kick it down on the freeway, its pure sexy!!! Its not loud or obnoxious like some of the mustangs etc. I hear around here which sound good but its just not fitting to a caddy. Corsa really did a good job of sound balance.