Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Cabin air filter question...

890 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SkullV 
#1 ·
I changed my cabin airfilter tonight but I was wondering if the filter fits snugly under the two back plastic tabs on top? I tried for ever to get the filter to fit under them but could not.

thanks

#2 ·
The filter is like an accordion, if you have it turned the correct way. Lines going vertically or horizontally? You just give it a squeeze and it should slide right in...haha I dont think you could get it all back together if you didnt have it in there correctly. Do you remember what the old one looked like? Should fit just like that!

#3 ·
Shine a light down in there and you will see two other tabs on the side of the filter housing. The filter needs to be positioned behind them and it will rest on the lower portion of the housing.
After the filter is placed behind all the tabs and against the intake opening on the firewall and the top retainer is snapped back on it won't move. Not really a 'snug' fit though.
PITA positioning the filter if you have large hands.

#4 ·
I was able to get it in between the tabs on the side..it is just the two top tabs that it would not fit under. I am assuming that the top pice that snaps on will keep the air flowing through the filter instead of around it frm the top. I should take it off again and post a pic...

#6 ·
When i did mine i took out the battery, battery mounts, windshield wiper covers, a lot of stuff. Did you not? I think this explains why i thought that part was so easy. I had to get to a firewall grommet under the battery to run some gauge wires, so it was worth it to take everything apart. Glad to hear theres a less complicated, although tighter, way!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.