: Cloverfield

gothicaleigh
07-04-07, 07:24 PM
Cloverfield is supposedly a trailer at the beginning of Transformers. Part Blair Witch Project, part large special effects movie, this looks like it is going to be great.

The best version of the trailer that I can find on YouTube (sorry for the quality):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScVt7lWWfls

They're keeping the details very confidential (even the name is just a working title; just a date is given in the trailer).

There is this though:
http://www.1-18-08.com/

I love this kind of stuff. :gothimanic:

EDIT: Some rumors circulating around intera-netland has it that it may be a Lost tie-in movie...

As an avid LOST fanatic, That of course was the first thing I thought of when seeing this trailer! The "monster" sounds just like our old friend "smokey" on Lost. You never see it except for the ball of fire in coming out of the city. It almost looks like a volcano erupting in the middle of manhattan...and YES, it tears the head off of the statue of liberty! I say Lost tie-in, just like the "Bad Twin" book. They never reveal the title or anything in the trailer...just JJ Abrams and Bad Robot, his production company that...surprise...makes Lost.

EDIT EDIT: Some other rumors saying that it may be another Godzilla remake...

During the party scene the Wolfmother song "Joker and the Thief" is distinctly heard. Well, I looked at the lyrics and a line goes "standing in a field of CLOVER" And the album art on the inside depicts a giant iguana/lizard. This, therefore, is proof for my initial guess- GODZILLA! I know it sounds far-fetched but J.J. Abrams loves for his viewers to find clues like that.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: A while back, this film was suspected of being the Dark Tower movie (from the series by Stephen King). But from what is shown in the trailer, it's nothing like anything I remember reading in those books... so that is probably a false rumor unless a Hollywood screenwriter took serious liberties with the story.

HushH
07-05-07, 02:53 PM
This movie did look pretty awesome. There were definitely some Godzilla-like screams that were almost too obvious, so I think it's gotta be something else.

At any rate, I'm definitely looking forward to this and the new Will Smith movie - I AM LEGEND.

mdnsOA10TgA