: Next Level Performance SRX Engine Chip

SRX-V
07-04-07, 04:17 PM
Has anyone purchased the engine performance chip offered by a company in PA named Next Level Performance (www.nextlevelperformance.com)? They offer three (3) levels of hp/torque increases: Silver, Gold and Tri-Phase. The prices on e-Bay range from $50.00 (Silver), $95.00 (Gold) and $130.00 (Tri-Phase). They report average increases in hp/torque of 8/8 (silver) 10/10 (gold) and 15/15 (Tri-Phase).
Also, has anyone used a rear-muffler other than the Corsa for a 2005 V-8? Their price seems high for their product.

SRX-V
07-04-07, 04:58 PM
A correction on the web site URL. It is www.nextlevelracing.com, NOT, www.nextlevelperformance.com.

john d
07-04-07, 06:05 PM
The real SRX performance problem is that Cadillac detuned the computer intentionally after the first few months of production and re-flashed the prior production whenever an SRX came back to the dealer for anything...no matter what.
Based on Cadillac's admission to their action and based on the silent recall known as a "yellow top" bulletin that included cars still in EPA emission warranty time and mileage parameters I'd guess ANY problem in the drive train would be called voided warranty due to any chip or engine performance activities.
Here's my story...:horse:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-srx-forum/42836-0-60-v8-awd.html

SRX-V
07-04-07, 09:46 PM
According to the information on the next level racing website, the item is not a chip or an ECU reprogram. Instead, it "confuses" the ECU into thinking that the mixture is too lean and it changes the air to fuel ratio. They explain that the device can be removed before returning to the dealer and the ECU program is unchanged. Thus it should not void the warranty since the ECU program is not affected.

john d
07-04-07, 11:16 PM
According to the information on the next level racing website, the item is not a chip or an ECU reprogram. Instead, it "confuses" the ECU into thinking that the mixture is too lean and it changes the air to fuel ratio. They explain that the device can be removed before returning to the dealer and the ECU program is unchanged. Thus it should not void the warranty since the ECU program is not affected.
Remember...no one cares more for your physical, mental and financial wellbeing than ...you.
Anyone can say "it shouldn't void your warranty".
The only one to trust on that is your Cadillac dealer (maybe Cadillac Division of GM too) and get it in writing.
Blow an engine and who pay's? Not www.nextlevelracing.com I'd bet!
I read a couple of months ago that our newer cars have a sort of "black box" recorder that records what the engine is doing and rpm limits, etc. and has been used in law enforcement and trials proving the car was driven in what ever way it actually was. Supposedly there's a paragraph in our owners manuals alluding to that but is overlooked by most if not all. So, higher rpm's, full throttle accelerations, rapid stops, etc. are recorded. There's a supporting vendor on this forum, or was at one time if not now, that's called 3D or something like that that sells the kind of "chip you've described. They actually work directly with Cadillac I believe.
They wouldn't program/sell me one for my 04 V8 for the reasons I've described.
Having said all that...if you get one let us know how it works for you!

SRX-V
07-04-07, 11:46 PM
Good Advice. I do not plan to purchase this product based upon your the information that you have provided.

ewill3rd
07-05-07, 05:21 AM
All that device does is skew a sensor reading to alter the fuel control.
Long term effects might be disasterous.
I'd stay away from it.