Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 29 replies 16 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
I just graduate college (May) and started a new job. I'm earning pretty good money for a 21 year old and I have my sights on a new car. I currently have a 2002 Escalade and when I get the next one my family is going to use it as the extra car so I'll have it when I need it. I'd like something RWD and V8. I like the V a lot, but I have little experience with a manual transmission. I'd be looking used and wouldn't want to spend more than 30k. What would you guys do? Any suggestions or comments? Also, do you think used Vs will be in the low 30s in August/September of this year?

#14 ·
rofl that'd be nice...
i remember seeing a thread in here a guy that was willling to pay for others to find him a car? hah i shoulda jumped onthat one!

quick T/J
why are so many people here & not at the fireworks??? (except that canadians :bigroll: .... we got rained out over here so gota turn to channel 4 & watch the Macys fireworks)

#16 ·
haha well hats off :patriot:
guess i'm in good company :)

#20 ·
I think fireworks are a waste of money, and most people dont understand their true meaning to boot...

Back on topic; you will love the V so much, that if you buy it as a toy like I did, likely, it is going to rapidly evolve into a daily driver like it is for me! I havent driven my Maxima in almost 2 weeks. And I am thinking of selling it to buy a set of snow tires/wheels for the V.

#21 ·
I had to put in my .02 here. I do not own a V yet. My wife is out of nursing school in 8 months 22 days. When she is out I get my V. I looked at and drove BMWs M5, M3, Audi S4, and E55 AMG all 04-05 models. Once I drove the V that was it for me. All the others are nice refined cars for more $$$. The V is a monster and what you get and what you can do to it for the price makes it a bargain. This car was the one that put a big grin on my face at how raw but refined it can be.

I would also like to point out that this is the most active and friendly board I have been on. The BMW, Audi, and Mercedes boards are good but some of them have an elitist feel to them. Not here by any means. Everything I read has been very helpful in every way. Not so with the others.

#24 ·
If you cannot find CTS V in your price range, CTS with 3.6 isn't bad. Vettes are neat. Solstice and Saturn converts are cute, but extremely small. No handling there. Good cars, but I would avoid them.

STS is fast. DTS is fast and has plenty of room.

Lots of good GM choices.

Convince your wife she wants a Vette with an auto trans. Let her pick color, as most colors are good on that car. Whatever you buy, get one with GMPP. Remember that you need 3 months and 3000 miles left on former owner's GMPP to transfer it over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.