Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Painting / Plating Rotors

551 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  StealthV 
#1 ·
Question on painting / plating rotors. What kind of paint / material are you guys using on your rotors to prevent the rusting (VHT, zinc plating)? It seems some people had concerns that certain materials would prevent proper heat dissipation (especially on the track). What's the deal? Remember seeing a thread on this. Of course, can't find it. Search sucks! Really! Or mayber I do. Or both. Anyways. So, what can I use? Tnks.

#2 ·
I just did mine with some Dupli-Color caliper paint, in the spray verion. Duplicolor also has a kit that uses a brush. It looks fine in terms of covering up the rust that occurs inside the braking surface circle. Since I have not exposed the rotors to extreme heat I cannot speak to durabilty yet.

If you use a spray (any spray) a good fluid for wiping off overspray on the braking surface is a product called Paso Liquid Sander from any hardware store. It will remove recently sprayed paint and leave no residue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.