: New Member

Skywind
07-03-07, 01:45 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member, having taken possession of a '94 deville. It was a gift from my mother, who, at the age of 83, recognized that her vision had declined to the point where she ought not to drive. The deville has only 87k miles and has been well maintained. But, no maintenance records exist. I have already replaced the battery. Hoping other members may have some suggestions on where to begin to sustain the vehicle in good shape in Florida. Garage kept.

urbanski
07-03-07, 01:51 PM
howdy :)

RightTurn
07-03-07, 08:36 PM
Hello Skywind and :welcome5: to the Caddy Forums!

CIWS
07-03-07, 08:38 PM
How D and :welcome: to the Cadillac Forum. :D

caddydaddy
07-04-07, 10:44 AM
Welcome! The '94 Devilles are great cars! I own one as well. :)
And your mother is a very smart woman to admit that she can't see well enough to drive anymore. There's too many seniors out there driving that shouldn't be because of poor health!

Rolex
07-04-07, 01:32 PM
:welcome: :wave:

Skywind
07-05-07, 01:23 PM
Thanks for your kind welcomes. I mentioned before that no maint. records were kept. However, the car was maintained for about 5 years at the same shop in PA. The chief mechanic and his staff were very good with the vehicle and especially kind to my mom. I plan on writing him with a list of questions that he should be able to answer after reviewing whatever records he may have on file...you know things like last time the radiator was flushed, when the tranny fluid was changed etc... Could any of you experienced hands offer recommendations on other cadillac specific items that I need to know? Thanks

HushH
07-05-07, 02:28 PM
:welcome: Welcome and enjoy the forums. Unfortunately I can't answer your questions but I'm sure there are others on the board that can.

77CDV
07-06-07, 01:25 AM
Welcome to the Forums. I would suggest posting your specific questions to the "Cadillac Deville 1985-2005" forum. You'll likely get all the answers you want there. Congrats on your new car and best wishes to your mom. Happy motoring!

93DevilleUSMC
07-06-07, 05:44 AM
Congratulations on your new Cadillac, and welcome to the forums!

lawfive
07-06-07, 07:32 AM
Welcome, Skywind!

ibg

stockup
07-06-07, 10:23 AM
I would imagine you got the family discount and got a great car. Congrats. I would say you should start your own records and maybe spend the bucks to have the car gone over for general maint, if you don't do this stuff yourself, but get a logbook and just start from there. Most things will be obvious, like tires, fluids and the like. The rest will come up as you drive it. Like brakes, etc. You can check those easily enough, but some places will do a maint check for a reasoble price hoping to get your business.

Dan