: Gear Shift Movement

ArcticAir
07-03-07, 01:21 PM
On my 2007 AWD SRX V6 when slowing down the gear shift moves back and forth. My transmision also seems to have a high pitch whining noise at acceleration and cruising speeds. With my foot on the gas pedal at cruising speeds 40km to 120km there is a high pitch noise but when i remove it there is no noise. Anyone have these problems?

TSS
07-03-07, 03:25 PM
1. High pitch. I had it in my 06 v8 (ver soft high pitch) when the radio was on or I was using the onstar phone; also heard it sometimes when braking. Did not bother me that much = I never addressed it. I have it in my new Escalade too when using the ONSTAR phone.

2. Shifter: you need to have the dealer check your shift interlock I think. My father in-law had a similar complaint in his DTS (vibration in shift handle), and that was the diagnosis.

c5 rv
07-03-07, 08:40 PM
My shifter moves slightly, too. I've learned to live with it.

ArcticAir
07-10-07, 05:30 PM
Dealer adjusted linkage and no more moving shifter. Shaved the front rotors and also they found 1 rear tire was defective and replaced it. They balanced the tires with them still on the car (dry balance?) and all is smooooth now!

They could not find the noise i complained about but i havent herd it since i got the car back.

Next thing i need looked at is the ultra veiw sometimes will not close! I have to pull on it while it closes. Engine idle is rough and worse with the AC on.