Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Max drop in rear with GC?

Tags
wheels
584 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  VELOSE 
#1 ·
Whats the max drop you can get out of the GC's in the rear...thnks

#2 ·
I'm not sure of the maximum, but my ride height in the back is 27 1/4" and I think stock ride height is approx. 28 1/2". That would be a 1 1/4" drop for me. Someone with stock size wheels and tires (or maybe even 275s) could probably go another 1/4" lower for a total of 1 1/2" of lowering. I rub a little with the wider wheels/tires and I might even crank it up 1/4". But regardless, the car looks very badass and aggressive sitting anywhere near that low.

#5 ·
damn, I found this on the internet. Could this work for our nivomats meaning we could send our stock fe4's or fg2's back to the maker (sachs??) and have them: put in a Shock-Travel-Limiter (which is a thick disk type spacer that slips over the shocks center rod), thus effectively limiting the shocks upward travel. you will need to limit the downward travel of the rear wheels (in other words limit the total expanded length of the shock). From my understanding LPE achieves this with a new upper Shock-Mount-Relocation-Bracket that basically just has a deeper "hat", thus allowing the shock to sit deeper into the shock tower (effectively reducing the total downward travel of the rear wheel).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.