: Things just got out of hand...

Rolex
07-02-07, 07:38 PM
....at the fireworks tent today. My neighbor kids were depending on me to go big this year. We have several people and their kids coming over tomorrow for BBQ in the cul de sac, so I went on a small shopping spree. TO THE TUNE OF $530 :thepan: :thumbsup: :bomb: :banana: :gungrin: :cheers: :woohoo: gay :nanaparty:

Best part is tomorrow is the wife's 31st B-day. She wanted the Apple IPhone thingy and I told her there's NO WAY I'd spend $500 on a phone. :hide: :p

Pics to come after dinner!

urbanski
07-02-07, 07:46 PM
:run:

Jonas McFeely
07-02-07, 07:50 PM
....at the fireworks tent today. My neighbor kids were depending on me to go big this year. We have several people and their kids coming over tomorrow for BBQ in the cul de sac, so I went on a small shopping spree. TO THE TUNE OF $530 :thepan: :thumbsup: :bomb: :banana: :gungrin: :cheers: :woohoo: gay :nanaparty:

Best part is tomorrow is the wife's 31st B-day. She wanted the Apple IPhone thingy and I told her there's NO WAY I'd spend $500 on a phone. :hide: :p

Pics to come after dinner!

You sir, are a REAL American. If i had $530 to blow on useless stuff, youd better believe it would be on fireworks. Screw the phone. Good choice!

Boombotz
07-02-07, 08:02 PM
Have fun with the :thehand:

:jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit:

LS1Mike
07-02-07, 08:03 PM
Last year I spent a little over 600 bucks, I toned it down this year to the tune of 450...I bought more beer instead.

CIWS
07-02-07, 08:07 PM
http://www.ciws.info/beermoney.jpg

Rolex
07-02-07, 08:27 PM
Aside from the fact that the 3rd is the wife's B-day and the 4th is my dad's B-day, I'm going all out for other reasons. My neighbor found out he has colon cancer about a month ago (he's only 40), and I put him to sleep for his first surgery. He had some serious complications and subsequently had a second (larger) surgery. He just got home today so I'm celebrating his return. His kids have also been a bit stressed over the whole hospitalization as an event, so I decided today to put a smile on their faces. We're going to have a lot of fun tommorrow.

Happy Independence Day!

Pic of the morters and the BIG stuff, 500 and 700 gram charges:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/boom2.jpg

Small assorted thingies for the kids including snakes, sparklers, tanks, smoke bombs etc:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/rolex/BOOM.jpg

Rolex
07-02-07, 08:28 PM
Have fun with the :thehand:

:jerkit: :jerkit: :jerkit:

Waa :hmm:

Have fun with masturbation?

LS1Mike
07-02-07, 08:34 PM
Nice, very nice Rolex...MMMM fireworks...

DILLIGAF
07-02-07, 08:35 PM
Have fun dude,I'm on a firework time out with the shirt I ruined yesterday.

RightTurn
07-02-07, 08:42 PM
At least you didn't put your eye out. :alchi:

Rolex
07-02-07, 08:50 PM
Somebody's jackin with my title :thepan:

dkozloski
07-02-07, 09:16 PM
One of the downsides of the land of the midnight sun is that it doesn't get dark for another month or two. Some people give it the Hezbollah treatment and cut loose with the old moose rifle out the back door. Pipe bombs and dynamite also have their advocates. A weather balloon filled with acetylene and oxygen will also rattle windows for miles around.

Boombotz
07-02-07, 09:23 PM
Somebody's jackin with my title :thepan:
That would be me. You missed my joke,
You don't keep the wife happy, you not happy.

Rolex
07-02-07, 09:26 PM
That would be me. You missed my joke,
You don't keep the wife happy, you not happy.

Ohhhh now I get it! :D I'm slow on the uptake sometimes. But now I'm pickin' up what you're layin' down. :highfive:

Spyder
07-02-07, 09:44 PM
Damnitt all! I desperately need to leave California...

z06bigbird
07-02-07, 10:19 PM
Pinwheels are neat.

Rey Rey 650
07-02-07, 10:23 PM
Nothin like burnin some money.... Have Fun Bro!

Ranger
07-02-07, 11:19 PM
I have a neighbor who is essentially a big kid with money. He makes his own M80's except that they are more like hand grenades. He puts on a fireworks display every year that rivals most nearby towns. I think he spends like 10G's on this stuff and the truck that delivers it is tracked by GPS. I have helped him launch the 6" & 8" mortars a few times, but quit after a few short fuses that blew in the tubes. Having been on the receiving end of hand grenades before, those where a little too close for comfort, but what an adrenalin rush and a hell of a show. Have fun Rolex, not that you couldn't even if you tried.

Kev
07-03-07, 11:45 AM
Damnitt all! I desperately need to leave California...No you don't, you just have to go where fireworks are allowed. Our church youth group has a fireworks booth every year. The proceeds fund their department for the year. Of course, we are limited to 'Safe & Sane' fireworks. We are selling Phantom this year.

Jonas McFeely
07-03-07, 12:26 PM
You can only buy the "good" fireworks in Daytona and Melbourne around here, place called Skyking.I believe you have to sign a waiver saying they are for "agricultural use only". The cops never say anything, unless youre blatantly acting stupid.

The pansyworks are everywhere.

I believe but am not a 100%, my friend Jenn(the one with the '72 Impala convertible) is throwing at least 4 kegs on Wednesday. All quality shit too. Newcastle, Dos Equis, Killians, and Fosters were there last time. This girl drops serious coin on her parties. Has a closet full of fireworks too. I'll be sure to post pics.

I still owe you guys pics from my birfday too.

Spyder
07-03-07, 01:11 PM
No you don't, you just have to go where fireworks are allowed. Our church youth group has a fireworks booth every year. The proceeds fund their department for the year. Of course, we are limited to 'Safe & Sane' fireworks. We are selling Phantom this year.

Yea. "fireworks" are allowed here. Snakes and sparklers, a la Joe Dirt.
FIREWORKS, however, are not.

In my youth I used to do the Wyoming run. Evanston, WY was 22 hours, round trip. I'd stock up on everything imaginable, collecting money from all my friends for the good stuff, and bring it all back for a profit. NV was closer, but three times as expensive. The extra fuel, time and driving was worthwhile when you bought as much as I did.
N
ow I'm older, slightly wiser, and more aware that it was rather illegal. I stopped doing it, but I sure as hell wish we could have real fireworks here!

Spyder
07-03-07, 01:12 PM
Jonas McFeeley...read my "I need new friends" thread.

I'LL be having a HELLUVA good time. :):):)

Jonas McFeely
07-03-07, 05:48 PM
Jonas McFeeley...read my "I need new friends" thread.

I'LL be having a HELLUVA good time. :):):)

Already did, you lucky bastard.

dkozloski
07-03-07, 10:20 PM
Do it yourself fireworks are pretty fun too. A fifty gallon drum of gasoline launched by a stick of dynamite soaked in 30W oil for a couple of days makes a pretty good atom bomb simulation. You dig a hole and place the dynamite then put the drum on top. Soaking the dynamite in oil slows it down enough to ignite the gas.

pabstcadillac
07-03-07, 10:28 PM
Way to take the relationship by the horns & buy what you wanted. That's what a real man would do & that's why real men drive Cadillacs. :alchi:

Rolex
07-04-07, 01:38 PM
We had a blast last night, and put on a hell of a show. More people showed up then I expected. The kids swam in the pool a little, and then we moved it out front for the fireworks. There were probably 40 people (kids included). :D