: The Baconator (or how I learned to stop worrying and love the saturated fat)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-02-07, 06:02 PM
So last time I was at Wendys, I saw an ad for this meatnormous burger that was coming out, so I anxiously waited until it came out, and now, July the second of 2007, I finally got to sample it...

Ladies and Gentlemen: The Baconator.
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j313/Chadillac8705/IMG_0983.jpg

It's two 1/4 pound patties of fresh 100% beef, topped with two slices of american cheese and SIX PIECES OF BACON! And even better, no vegetables of any sort! Finally, Wendys makes a burger for guys like me. And it's miles better than the Stacker! All mine for $7.28, that's including the medium sized fries and root beer. What a deal! Definetly the best burger available at a fast food joint now!

And off I go to the local Pizza Hut with some friends to try their new "P'Zone"....overtly large calzone, meat lovers of course. Keep this up and I'll be dead in 5 years!

Jonas McFeely
07-02-07, 06:09 PM
I once had a Quad Stacker.

Felt my blood flow slow to a crawl from all of the good stuff.

I felt dizzy.

It was beautiful.

I have yet to try the Baconator. I think i'll wait til the 4th. Its my part of saying Happy Birthday America!

urbanski
07-02-07, 06:18 PM
dear lord dude

elwesso
07-02-07, 06:27 PM
I had one of those today. I just noticed they added one, so I figured i had to try it. I still kinda wish theyd put the veggies on even though it doesnt really matter. It was pretty tasty, however the grease made the bun really soggy. Im not sure what other hint people want, but if that doesnt tell you that it has too much fat im not sure what will.

1 baconator + 1 5pc chicken nuggets + 1 large fry = enough calories for a week... :)

AlBundy
07-02-07, 06:29 PM
That does look like a grease burger. Yum, yum. I'll hafta reward myself with one every month or so.

urbanski
07-02-07, 06:34 PM
my fave is Carls Jr breakfast burger
burger, bacon, cheese, hash browns, egg on a bun
830 cals, 47g fat.
heaven.
http://www.carlsjr.com/nutrition/

Boombotz
07-02-07, 07:06 PM
830 cals, 47g fat.
heaven.
We call them Hardee's on this side of the Mississippi.

urbanski
07-02-07, 07:14 PM
they have those? haha
i've been to hardees like twice in my life.

Rolex
07-02-07, 07:55 PM
Well you should put a piece of lettuce on that thing to make it healthy. :rolleyes: I~LUV~Caddys8792 is my kind of guy....salad is what FOOD eats. ;)

Wait til Jesda sees this thread. :D

Kev
07-02-07, 08:06 PM
..... Wait til Jesda sees this thread. :DYou mean "Mr. Bacon"? :bouncy:

RightTurn
07-02-07, 08:25 PM

Florian
07-02-07, 08:52 PM
830 cals, 47g fat.
heaven.

that sounds awesome.....yummy!!!! :worship: :thumbsup:

F

gary88
07-02-07, 09:46 PM
This makes me glad I stopped eating fast food 3 years ago.

77CDV
07-02-07, 10:10 PM
It's all fun and games until the first coronary.

93DevilleUSMC
07-03-07, 01:57 AM
This makes me glad I stopped eating fast food 3 years ago.

It's all fun and games until the first coronary.

I agree with you two; a double cheeseburger or something is fine every now and again, but 830 calories? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, people? :thepan: :confused:

Jonas McFeely
07-03-07, 08:58 AM
Tasty grilled cow bathing in cheese and bacon, triple bypass at 40 > Turkey Panini from Panera

Jonas McFeely
07-03-07, 04:45 PM
i did it.

I had a Baconator today.

I opted for the side salad instead of fries for its health benifits.

Also got the Dasani bottled water instead of a Coke.

It was amazing. Too much ketchup though.

Only fast food burger that ive had that beats it is the McDonalds Gourmet Bistro Mushroom Swiss Bacon Burger.

We have a McDonalds Bistro downtown. They have some baller-ass foods.

Jesda
07-04-07, 06:25 PM
But how was the BM afterwards?

DILLIGAF
07-04-07, 06:42 PM
I'm on a diet,i'll do one after vacation.It does look yummy!!!

I worked with a guy who could eat a single,double,triple,large frie,large frosty and a large diet coke, if you would pay for it.After he did it a couple of times the funny wore off.

JimmyH
07-04-07, 07:24 PM
The baconator is awesome. Worth all 830 calories and 51 grams fat.

Jesda
07-04-07, 07:37 PM
I like to fry an egg sometimes and put it on my burger.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-04-07, 07:40 PM
Hash browns on a burger? It sounded strange to me too the first time I heard it, but it's very, very good! Especially with melted american cheese on top.

JimmyH
07-04-07, 08:01 PM
French Fried Po-Boy:

French Bread
Beef Au Jus
mozzarella cheese
french fried potatoes
lettuce
lots and lots of mayonnaise

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-04-07, 08:08 PM
French Fried Po-Boy:

French Bread
Beef Au Jus
mozzarella cheese
french fried potatoes
lettuce
lots and lots of mayonnaise

French Fries or French Fried Potaters?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ_TnBa7X90&NR=1

JimmyH
07-05-07, 09:31 AM
damn, I gotta unsubscribe from this thread, it keeps making me want a baconator; now I know what I am having for lunch today

JimmyH
07-05-07, 12:10 PM
MMM YUMMY

This is one of those lunches that takes a couple days (or weeks maybe) off your life.

http://www.cooleywire.com/jimmyh/new/bacon.jpg

RightTurn
07-05-07, 12:29 PM
damn, I gotta unsubscribe from this thread, it keeps making me want a baconator; now I know what I am having for lunch today

You actually subscribed to this thread?? Tragic. :lol:

JimmyH
07-05-07, 01:33 PM
only the ones that contain posts by RT... wait, that's every thread...

Jonas McFeely
07-05-07, 04:32 PM
Wtf is subscribing to a thread?

danbuc
07-05-07, 04:36 PM
2WNjWJd8ufw

JimmyH
07-05-07, 05:05 PM
Wtf is subscribing to a thread?

Under User CP, in edit options, you can set your default subscription mode from the Default of No subscription to several other options. Or in each thread under Cadillac Discussion Tools you can individually subscribe. When you go to User CP it will show all the threads you are subscribed to. It is easier to keep track of threads to have posted/visited that way.

DopeStar 156
07-06-07, 12:15 PM
I tried the thing and it was mad good, but I felt like I was dragging the thing behind me on a chain. Not to mention feeling it ooze out of my pores on my face......

Still, I'd eat another one....

Playdrv4me
07-06-07, 01:01 PM
Hardees and Carls Jr. actually *HAD* a 1000 Calorie MONSTER for the longest time, they may still have it. I dont like their burgers though.

But the *ULTIMATE* way to Max out the calorie counter for the least amount of bucks.... Weighing in at 1,680 Calories... THE LITTLE CAESARS HOT AND READY 5.00 PEPPERONI PIZZA.... REDEFINING "FAST FOOD"!!!!

Just picked one up... there is *NO WAY* to carry this thing into the office without looking like an absolute, unadulterated, no-holds barred FAT-ASS. Thank GOD I cant finish one alone.

JimmyH
07-06-07, 01:09 PM
Ever had a fried bologna sandwich? You can feel your arteries hardening as you eat it....

Jonas McFeely
07-06-07, 03:37 PM
The Ultimate Bacon Sandwhich for those who havnt heard of it...

Me like...

http://www.speakeasy.org/~sjmaks/bacon/

http://www.speakeasy.org/%7Esjmaks/bacon/bacon1.jpg

http://www.speakeasy.org/%7Esjmaks/bacon/bacon5.jpg

JimmyH
07-06-07, 03:39 PM
you should have fried the bread too (ala grilled cheese sandwich) and where is the mayo?

Damn, I want another baconator.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-06-07, 07:48 PM
Hardees and Carls Jr. actually *HAD* a 1000 Calorie MONSTER for the longest time, they may still have it. I dont like their burgers though.

But the *ULTIMATE* way to Max out the calorie counter for the least amount of bucks.... Weighing in at 1,680 Calories... THE LITTLE CAESARS HOT AND READY 5.00 PEPPERONI PIZZA.... REDEFINING "FAST FOOD"!!!!

Just picked one up... there is *NO WAY* to carry this thing into the office without looking like an absolute, unadulterated, no-holds barred FAT-ASS. Thank GOD I cant finish one alone.

Man, I haven't been to a Hardees in well over a year, there's only one in MN, and it's in downtown St Paul...which is surprisingly close to the only Litte Caesar's in MN too, which is a HELL of a good deal at only $5.00 for a full size pepperoni pizza ready to go when you are!

God, why did those places basically go out of business??!

Jesda
07-06-07, 07:51 PM
I tried a Baconator last night and loved it. I was full by the end so I shared the fries with the dogs.

The best part wasn't the bacon or beef. It was the rich, dense bun! SO many burger chains forget that part.

Also, when building a greasy burger at home, be sure to protect the bun or bread with a layer of mayo. Mayo keeps the grease from breaking down the bread -- its like a wall of protective fat.

Kev
07-06-07, 10:35 PM
That is awesome Jesda!

Jonas McFeely
07-07-07, 12:38 PM
I prefer a greezy bun. I remember my first Triple from Wendys a couple years ago, the bun was SOAKED in grease. It was great. Also, i dont care for mayonaise.

Polynesian sauce from Chik Filet :drool:

90Brougham350
07-07-07, 01:16 PM
Man, I haven't been to a Hardees in well over a year, there's only one in MN, and it's in downtown St Paul...which is surprisingly close to the only Litte Caesar's in MN too, which is a HELL of a good deal at only $5.00 for a full size pepperoni pizza ready to go when you are!

God, why did those places basically go out of business??!

In Winona, there's a Little Caesar's and a Hardee's. They're the only 24-hour restaurants in town. I can't tell you how many completely-wasted dinings I've enjoyed there in the wee hours of the morning. God I love the Grilled Sourdough!

Brian

urbanski
07-07-07, 02:37 PM
:chad:

JRau
07-07-07, 05:28 PM
Chad,

Ok, I'll try one! I'm rather partial to Hardee's Mushroom-n-Swiss burger. I really love those.

That Suicide Burger at Porky's was pretty intense looking though--remember that?

JRau

JRau
07-07-07, 05:31 PM
But how was the BM afterwards?

NICE!!!!!!!!! You are TOO funny, Jesda!!!!:histeric:

It must have been a toilet-clogger, for sure!

JRau

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-07-07, 10:57 PM
That Suicide Burger at Porky's was pretty intense looking though--remember that?

JRau

Yes, and I could NOT handle that! lol!

Jonas McFeely
07-08-07, 01:31 PM
Shoo... I can handle anything. My roommate just paid me $20 a few days ago to eat a piece of burnt pizza that had been soaking in a sink full of dirty dishes. I wish they had one of those 60oz steaks that if you eat the whole thing its free around here. I could polish one off no problem.

Jesda
07-08-07, 04:26 PM
Polynesian sauce from Chik Filet :drool:

What is that? Like ranch or 1000 island?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-08-07, 06:07 PM
The second phase of the Baconator process was completed tonight. Arteries should be hardening in 30-45 minutes. T-Minus....

:chad: :chad: :cool2:

JimmyH
07-08-07, 10:40 PM
Chad,

Ok, I'll try one! I'm rather partial to Hardee's Mushroom-n-Swiss burger. I really love those.

JRau

Hardees Sourdough burger, mmmmmmm.....

Jonas McFeely
07-08-07, 10:44 PM
What is that? Like ranch or 1000 island?

Nah,nothing like that. Its like a mix of heroin, kitten tears, and liquid diamonds.

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/images/sauce_polynesian.jpg

http://www.chick-fil-a.com/MenuItems.asp?MenuItem=polynesian&show=gluten

Ingredients: High fructose corn syrup, soybean oil, corn-cider vinegar, distilled vinegar (grain source varies), tomato paste, salt, paprika, modified food starch (from corn), spices, honey, beet juice concentrate, natural flavors, xanthan gum, onion*, garlic*, propylene glycol alginate.
*dehydrated

mtflight
01-08-09, 04:52 PM
Why am I resurrecting this thread? baconator lovers, rejoice!!! I bring ye good news!

Last week I ordered a triple (3/4 lb) and had bacon added... yup a triple baconator--yeah it had a slice of tomato and some lettuce big deal.

Ok so what's the good news?

It turns out that the vast majority of heart disease victims have small, dense LDL particles (this is called pattern B, and practically all diabetics have this pattern B).

Dr. Ronald Krauss noticed that on the SAD (Standard American Diet), which is 35% fat, one in three men have pattern B.

On a diet of 46% fat, one in every five have pattern B.

On a diet of 10% fat, two out of 3 have the small, dense, atherogenic pattern B!!

This explains why half the people with normal cholesterol get heart disease, and why not everyone with high cholesterol gets it.

How do you know whether you have pattern A or pattern B? Triglycerides. If your triglycerides are over 100, you are much more likely to have pattern B (bad). If they're below 100, pattern A :thumbsup:

Or you could measure the particle size, with a NMR test called the Lipoprofile (~$100).

How do you lower your triglycerides? cut back on carbs.

I personally think the harmful fats are the PUFAs (polyunsaturated fatty acids), such as corn oil, vegetable oil, soybean oil (the primary fat in mayo), safflower oil, etc, because PUFAs are easily damaged by sugar, oxygen, and/or heat. It turns out that frying those fries in lard, was probably healthier than soybean or cottonseed oil.

Some references:

Have we been conned about cholesterol?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-430682/Have-conned-cholesterol.html#

What's Cholesterol Got to Do With It?
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/opinion/27taubes.html

Good News on Saturated Fat
http://tierneylab.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/21/good-news-on-saturated-fat/

Good Calories, Bad Calories, book.
http://www.amazon.com/Good-Calories-Bad-Gary-Taubes/dp/1400040787

So enjoy your Baconator, but skip the fries and the coke (sugar-free is ok) if your trigs are high :bigroll:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-08-09, 07:23 PM
In Winona, there's a Little Caesar's and a Hardee's. They're the only 24-hour restaurants in town. I can't tell you how many completely-wasted dinings I've enjoyed there in the wee hours of the morning. God I love the Grilled Sourdough!

Brian

I found the Little Caesars today, but where's the Hardees? I'm gonna need to know this if I'm taking over the Winona territory...

Aron9000
01-09-09, 03:27 AM
Hardee's 2/3lb Monster Thickburger>The Baconator

1420 Calories, 107 grams of fat:drool:

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/041116/041116_monsterTB.hmedium.jpg>:chad:

nickc50310
01-09-09, 05:13 PM

http://msnbcmedia1.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/041116/041116_monsterTB.hmedium.jpg>:chad:

FTMFW!!!!!!! I miss the days of FRIED Hardees burgers. Way better IMHO. Anyone here remember the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger from Hardees? That killed anything in existance today!

This is a painful topic right now as I am working on losing weight. :(

ryannel2003
01-09-09, 05:35 PM
Hardee's was just built down the road, but I never go because they are quite expensive. I did have a Big Mac today and it was tasty.

I always eat crap. Bojangles is my favorite. I'm trying to stop, but its quite hard. I have started drinking purely diet drinks and Propel water, if that helps! :D

gary88
01-09-09, 05:42 PM
Diet drinks make up for the 0 calories by adding tons of sugar.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
01-09-09, 05:42 PM

I had one of those once, or should I say it had me. It took me over two hours to eat it, mainly because I had to drop a deuce in the middle of eating to make room for the rest of it.

Sure tasted good though! :) :)

Blackout
01-09-09, 05:59 PM
Hardee's was just built down the road, but I never go because they are quite expensive. I did have a Big Mac today and it was tasty.

I always eat crap. Bojangles is my favorite. I'm trying to stop, but its quite hard. I have started drinking purely diet drinks and Propel water, if that helps! :D

Diet drinks and propel have some bad things in them Sucralose is one of them and it's known to cause cancer. I used to drink Monster energy drink but once I found out it had sucralose in it I switched to Amp which doesn't have sucralose

ryannel2003
01-09-09, 06:51 PM
I couldn't think of the word, but that is exactly what someone else told me. I really cannot stand regular water, but Propel is so good that its the best way for me to stay hydrated. Diet drinks are not my favorite, I love drinking sweet tea personally, but all that sugar was not helping me at all.

Eh one day they'll figure out how to make a healthy drink that tastes good and isn't loaded with crap that can kill you.

mtflight
01-12-09, 04:26 PM
Diet drinks and propel have some bad things in them Sucralose is one of them and it's known to cause cancer.

Who sponsored this campaign of misinformation? Show me the study that verified it causes cancer?

I wonder if it was these folks:
KVsgXPt564Q

here's the spoof:
EMo3gOWC8h0

Here's some more accurate stuff on cancer and it's "sweet tooth" (from Good Calories, Bad Calories)

The founder of the WHO's (world health organization, not the rock group) International Agency for Research on Cancer, John Higginson has very enlightening observations from his studies of cancer incidence in native Africa, the US and Denmark. He concluded most human cancers were probably caused by extrinsic (lifestyle), and environmental factors. 70-90% preventable, according to him and many others such as Richard Doll and Richard Peto (120-page analysis in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute). Their conclusion was that carcinogens play a minimal role in human cancers and diet played the largest role. Nutritionists later interpreted this as meaning we need to eat more fresh fruit and vegetable--however this "assumption out of thin air with absolutely no scientific basis" has not proven to be beneficial in actual controlled studies as you can see on this 8 year study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17855692?ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsP anel.Pubmed_RVDocSum.

Peter Cleave suggested the refinement of carbohydrates was involved in colon cancer. John Yudkin noted the five nations with the highest breast-cancer mortality also had the highest sugar intake, the opposite held true as well.

Harvard epidemiologist Ed Giovannucci noted that type 2 diabetes (high glucose, high insulin) and colon cancer had virtually the same pattern of disease distribution. (This excludes tobacco cancers, but rather endoncrine organs, regulated by hormones).

Peyton Rous (another Nobel Laureate), demonstrated tumors grow remarkably slow in semi-starved animals. Soon thereafter, McCay (Cornell University) noted that barely feeding rats increased their lifespan up to 50% (it also decreased their insulin levels). Low calorie diets inhibited "many types of tumors of divergent tissue origin." The underfed animals lived longer, were more active, and had fewer pathologic changes"

Otto Warburg (yet another Nobel Laureate) demonstrated tumor cells generate energy by glycolysis (fermentation) rather than respiration. This means the tumors could burn up to thirty times more blood sugar than regular cells. This knowledge allowed the development of the PET scan (positron emission technology) for detecting cancer. Basically they put a radioactive tracer on glucose and then scan the person and cancer lights up.

Incipient tumors in glucose restriction, cannot obtain the huge amounts of glucose required to fuel the glycolysis-driven mitosis. Insulin is a promoter of growth and proliferation (in healthy and malignant alike), low glycemic (sugar) = low insulin.

Sugar (called sucrose) is a 50:50 ratio of glucose:fructose. High fructose corn syrup is at least 55% fructose. But it's not just the obvious sugar we're talking about... for example eating a potato converts to 1/2 cup of sugar through the process of digestion.

Aron9000
01-16-09, 10:55 PM
Just ate a Hardees monster thickburger an hour ago. As I expected, it was a beast, I ate it all, and the fries though. Very fresh tasting burger, and suprisingly not very greasy, the bun was like a sponge. I wished it had onions, but its probably a good thing it didn't since they always give me heart burn.

As I walked out the door, my left arm and the side of my chest started to tingle and ache.