Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 40 replies 15 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
While lesser CTS models pack direct injection V6 units, only a rumbling V8 would do for the performance flagship. And the LS7 powerplant is one hell of an engine. The dry-sumped bent eight is hand-finished, features titanium con-rods, a forged steel crankshaft and develops 512bhp at 6300rpm and a mighty 470lb ft at 4800rpm, making it GM’s most powerful passenger car engine and largest-displacement small-block to date.

It’s hooked up to a slick Tremec six-speed manual transmission, driving all four wheels through GM’s all-wheel drive architecture that’s been tuned for a natural rear-drive feel. In a bid to trim development costs, it’s likely that the engine will be dropped into the CTS-V wholesale, giving the Cadillac some serious tyre-shredding performance.

Read more

#5 ·
I was going to post this too, but my wisdom got the better of me.

Do Not Taunt Happy Fun Ball.

-Chris

#7 ·
Wouldnt that be sweet though...

#17 ·
Hello,
Interesting....I know they thought about doing this with the STS-V but it became tough to package. It would be very interesting if they did something like this for the new CTS-V. But given the abuse the drivetrain would be susceptible to, I don’t think this would be feasible. Too much torque = drivetrain nightmares!

Thanks,

#22 ·
There are three America's... One that is online and has access to ALL information that can possibly be had. And one that only gets the information which is handed to it, that which is spoon fed. And one that knows that most facts, data and claims on the Internet are pure rubbish. Which America are you in?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.