: '06 front tag bracket

oakcircle
07-01-07, 10:41 PM
I purchased an '06 STS a few weeks ago in a state that also requires a tag on the front of the vehicle. My state does not require front tags, and I would like to remove the bracket. Is there any easy way to conceal the 4 screw holes in the bumper? Thanks.

Aurora5000
07-02-07, 09:23 AM
I had the same problem. My four screws were actually rivitted in, so I had to drill out to remove the front cover. No easy way to conceal the remaining holes, although you might try some small round covers that have a plug attached to the back side...

:yeah:

Force-1
07-02-07, 07:27 PM
Same here--no front tag required in NM. When I bought the car it had the front plate bracket installed, and I had the dealer place in writing that they would remove it, fill rivet holes, and paint. I had 90 days to complete this at their expense; however, decided to go this route instead.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/force98/DSCF0663.jpg

I like the way it looks, plus it helps differentiate it from a CTS--I get annoyed that SO many people can't tell the difference. Never took the offer to remove the bracket.

Caroutisine
07-02-07, 08:35 PM
I'm not sure how you could fill the holes in after taking the holder off. But at least it doesn't look too bad on the STS. The front bracket that was screwed into the front of my C6 looked BAD, but in Minnesota I needed it anyway.

Force-1
07-02-07, 09:01 PM
I'm not sure how you could fill the holes in after taking the holder off. But at least it doesn't look too bad on the STS. The front bracket that was screwed into the front of my C6 looked BAD, but in Minnesota I needed it anyway.

I have a C6 too--very thankful no front plate needed in NM.

Aurora5000
07-03-07, 08:33 AM
Force- that looks good! You dont see my holes much because the color of the car is Blackberry (a dark purple).

This is what mine looks like...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-sts-forum-2005-beyond/84997-blackberry.html

:yeah:

z06bigbird
07-04-07, 03:39 PM
Same here--no front tag required in NM. When I bought the car it had the front plate bracket installed, and I had the dealer place in writing that they would remove it, fill rivet holes, and paint. I had 90 days to complete this at their expense; however, decided to go this route instead.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a285/force98/DSCF0663.jpg

I like the way it looks, plus it helps differentiate it from a CTS--I get annoyed that SO many people can't tell the difference. Never took the offer to remove the bracket.

Clearly differentiates it from CTS if I am climbing out of a manhole cover and do not put my head up too fast. Oh, yes, I must be facing the right direction. Hopefully, sun, rain, snow is not in my face.

Yanking your chain.

Cajonkev
07-05-07, 04:22 PM
Since we require them here in Ca. too I asked my dealer to color match the bracket to the car which they gladly did at no charge.

I now rotate various plates on my front depending on the time of year and which team is currently in season...

BTW, they do not come pre-installed from the factory but are part of the dealer prep. For future note just remind them "several" times not to install it. and put the hardware in the trunk for you. I have done that for many years with most of my rides.