: I-phone compatibility with BT in STS

Buzz48317
07-01-07, 05:56 PM
Has anyone here jumped off the cliff into I-phone ownership? I was wondering if there are any problems connecting to the Bluetooth in the STS. My car will be here in a few weeks and I am seriously considering getting rid of the RAZR and picking up an I-phone.

GM-4-LIFE
07-02-07, 09:55 PM
Good luck with using the iPhone with the STS Bluetooth system. I am still having trouble getting my Treo 700wx to work even after the software update.

In order for any Bluetooth enabled phone to work with the STS Bluetooth system, the phone must be supported by GM's Bluetooth system.

SG

Buzz48317
07-03-07, 08:05 AM
Good luck with using the iPhone with the STS Bluetooth system. I am still having trouble getting my Treo 700wx to work even after the software update.

In order for any Bluetooth enabled phone to work with the STS Bluetooth system, the phone must be supported by GM's Bluetooth system.

SG

Yeah, I get that, but it seems that the phones that will and wont work with the BT system are pretty hit and miss. I know that my Razr will work as I linked it to a unit that the dealer had on his lot. Car should be in soon and the more that I think about it, maybe I'll just stick with the phone that I have for a while.

997tt
07-03-07, 10:36 AM
I heard iphone bluetooth only works with the headset, nothing else.
If the cars system acts as a headset, then it may, but from all the crap I've heard about this car and bluetooth, I wouldn't count on it.

Goodluck.

Force-1
07-04-07, 09:43 AM
I consider myself lucky--my Samsung Blade interfaces perfectly with my STS Bluetooth.

TheMacMan
07-05-07, 09:56 PM
Has anyone here jumped off the cliff into I-phone ownership? I was wondering if there are any problems connecting to the Bluetooth in the STS. My car will be here in a few weeks and I am seriously considering getting rid of the RAZR and picking up an I-phone.

My Experience has shown that any and all Treo's 700X are shit phones will be hit and miss with the STS Bluetooth. I just got a BlackBerry 8830, it works flawlessly. I suspect the the iPhone will work as well as it adheres to the Bluetooth spec's that the STS uses which is 2.0 Enhanced Data Rate. The Treos and other phones that do not work with the STS do not implement these specs as specified.

GomezAddams
07-09-07, 03:03 PM
I have a Blackberry 8830 and cannot get the bluetooth to work at all.. It connects as an audio device in the Blackberry and will not stay connected for long.. I can not use it to make phone calls either..

jsheb
07-09-07, 04:31 PM
Well guys, here's the real skinny. My brand new iPhone works perfectly with the Bluetooth in my 2006 STS-V. However, it does not work with the audio cables that I use to connect my iPod to the auxilliary inputs in the center console.

The iPhone does not output video through the dock connector as of this release (This may or may not change with a software update due in September. I think Apple doesn"t want to cannibalize sales of its AppleTV.).

The reason the Dock to RCA cables don't work is that Apple requires all Dock connected accesories to be "intelligent". When I plug it into the PAC audio interface in my 2004 Corvette it comes up with a message about incompatibility and asks if I want to go into "Airplane Mode". This turns off the Cell. When you say "no" it turns on and works just fine, but the option is put there because the TDMA noise the phone puts out could make listening to your iPhone unpleasant. My vette has no such problems, but some home stereo/clock radio units have had interference problems.

I am currently researching which of the intelligent iPod adapters is best for use with the NAV in my STS-V and I will post that info here when I figure it out.

Buzz48317
07-09-07, 07:42 PM
Well guys, here's the real skinny. My brand new iPhone works perfectly with the Bluetooth in my 2006 STS-V. However, it does not work with the audio cables that I use to connect my iPod to the auxilliary inputs in the center console.

The iPhone does not output video through the dock connector as of this release (This may or may not change with a software update due in September. I think Apple doesn"t want to cannibalize sales of its AppleTV.).

The reason the Dock to RCA cables don't work is that Apple requires all Dock connected accesories to be "intelligent". When I plug it into the PAC audio interface in my 2004 Corvette it comes up with a message about incompatibility and asks if I want to go into "Airplane Mode". This turns off the Cell. When you say "no" it turns on and works just fine, but the option is put there because the TDMA noise the phone puts out could make listening to your iPhone unpleasant. My vette has no such problems, but some home stereo/clock radio units have had interference problems.

I am currently researching which of the intelligent iPod adapters is best for use with the NAV in my STS-V and I will post that info here when I figure it out.

Looking forward to reading about your experience. As of this post I have decided to wait on the I-phone and stick with my good ole reliable Razr for the time being. I may be tempted when and if the prices come down a bit and/or the second or third generation is released.

TheMacMan
07-10-07, 10:29 PM
I have a Blackberry 8830 and cannot get the bluetooth to work at all.. It connects as an audio device in the Blackberry and will not stay connected for long.. I can not use it to make phone calls either..

Make sure your BB 8830 is set to default, touch the phone and in the lower hand side, push make default. It should be underlined. It will stay connected from now on.