: Woman wants to buy $100,000 worth of iPhones

gary88
07-01-07, 06:47 PM
Watch how it backfires

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQQS8pGw1M0&eurl=

Rey Rey 650
07-01-07, 06:54 PM
That was sweet ahahahaha.... I just dont understand how people are always trying to be the first to buy something. Im perfectly happy waiting a couple months after something comes out. Anyways, that phone doesnt impress me... It does the same shit as any other phone :jerkit:

dkozloski
07-01-07, 07:26 PM
That was sweet ahahahaha.... I just dont understand how people are always trying to be the first to buy something. Im perfectly happy waiting a couple months after something comes out. Anyways, that phone doesnt impress me... It does the same shit as any other phone :jerkit:
It ain't worth a sh!t. There are many states including Alaska where it doesn't work. You can buy one somewhere else and bring it here but after the first bill it will be disabled by AT&T.

90Brougham350
07-01-07, 07:42 PM
What a moron! Read the damn rules first, it was posted all over the internet there was going to be a limit per customer.

Brian

Spyder
07-01-07, 08:23 PM
So is the iPhone the PS3 of phones or something? I only heard of it a few days ago...

I still love my old Nokia 2350 or whatever the hell it is. I've had it for three years, dropped it out the window of my truck at 70 mph in the rain, found it two days later, still on the side of the road, soaking wet, and it said I had missed calls and voicemail. What the hell is wrong with MY phone?

Dumbass.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-01-07, 08:25 PM
"I'm cuckoo for the iPhone!"
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/68/156638246_6f3843827d.jpg

I think it's pretty damned cool, but then again I'm an Apple fan.

dkozloski
07-01-07, 08:28 PM
They've already been sued by Cisco over copyright infringement on the name. The whole deals snakebit.

CadillacGurl
07-01-07, 08:34 PM
I'm gonna wait a couple months coz guarntee there will be bugs plus then some deals on them will start coming out. I got my Razor cheap coz I waited.

slk230mb
07-01-07, 09:21 PM
I dunno about a price drop so soon Nicki. Once the second revision comes out the first generation will drop in price just like the ipods did. There should be a lot of software updates for the iphone as the release date for OS X Leopard approaches.

Rolex
07-01-07, 09:59 PM
I bought a Razor the second week they were released....NEVER AGAIN! I saw that vid yesterday and that woman got PWN3D. :rofl: I'm going to keep my $400 Razor another couple of years until it falls the hell apart. :rolleyes:

Jonas McFeely
07-01-07, 10:08 PM
I have a Nokia 6620. Awesome phone. Old but awesome. One of the first to have bluetooth and also has removable memory. It is beat to hell though,and to make it worse, it is impossible to get a new OEM housing for it. And no company makes faceplates for it.

Rey Rey 650
07-01-07, 10:54 PM
I bet I can write a faster text message on my phone then that one :)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f169/goonzo/t-mobile-mda-dash.jpg

Caddy Man
07-02-07, 12:41 AM
I dont know what kind of stupid agreement Apple entered with At&T but they are offering the iphone with only with one company which happens to have the worst internet of all the companies. Almost beats the purpose of having the iphone. Apple could have made so much more money if they at least offered the iphone with T Mobile as well as Verizon and Sprint, similiar to how the Blackberry is marketed.

Jesda
07-02-07, 02:36 AM
Sprint Mobile Broadband > Verizon > Cingular

dkozloski
07-02-07, 02:50 AM
Maybe they could fire up the old Palm network. Everything old is new again. Maybe I should drag out my i705. I'll bet I don't turn on my cell phone three times in a month. There isn't anybody in the world I'd pay $3 a minute to talk to except my wife.

Spyder
07-02-07, 03:23 AM
I bought a Razor the second week they were released....NEVER AGAIN! I saw that vid yesterday and that woman got PWN3D. :rofl: I'm going to keep my $400 Razor another couple of years until it falls the hell apart. :rolleyes:

Ya coulda bought another Glock! Orrrr...a nice factory recon. Sig!

dkozloski
07-02-07, 03:29 AM
You don't get much of a shave with it but you can get skinned.

N0DIH
07-02-07, 09:12 AM
Cingular/ATT and TMobile are already faster than Verizon and Sprint Mobile Broadband with the V3xx and other HSDPA phones.

3.6Mbps download and 384k upload.....

The Sprint and Verizon commercials are trying to compare the CDMA 3G (EVDO/EVDD) against GSM GPRS and EDGE, it is like comparing a a Toyota Camry 4 cyl agaist a LS2 GTO for speed.... The Toyota is gonna get killed.....

Sprint Mobile Broadband > Verizon > Cingular

Apple was foolish with the iPhone coming out of the box with only GSM and not HSDPA. So all the customers are going to be buying old technology. So in a year or so when they figure out how to buy a Qualcomm 3G HSDPA chip set (I can't imagine them designing their own chip set yet...) and sell it, a lot of people are going to be dumping the iPhone for the next generation one.

Maybe it isn't foolish.... Now you are going to have a lot of unhappy customers for speed / performance, and they are going to dump it and buy it all over again. Double sales..... unhappy customers that buy a second time....

So, if you are into broadband speed? The V3xx does rock for speed, as it is HSDPA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSDPA). EV-DO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EV-DO) is the CDMA answer to HSPDA, which is why they aren't a fair comparison to EDGE, GSM EDGE is in comparison with CDMA's 1X specification, not EV-DO.....

I am playing with my Q now, http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/detailsPf.jsp?globalObjectId=180, but still trying to figure it out. All I can say is Windows is still Windows..... I want to see an Mac OSX version.... IF Apple was smart, they would release a OSX Mobile OS....

But the guys at work playing with this one, http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/motoq9h/, which ROCKS for speed. Mind blowing... Smokes cable modems....

pabstcadillac
07-02-07, 12:10 PM
I love how cocksure she was about her plan. I wonder how she reacted when the camera was off. I guarantee you it wasn't as civil. :alchi:

N0DIH
07-02-07, 12:11 PM
Cingular/ATT and TMobile are already faster than Verizon and Sprint Mobile Broadband with the V3xx and other HSDPA phones.

3.6Mbps download and 384k upload.....

The Sprint and Verizon commercials are trying to compare the CDMA 3G (EVDO/EVDD) against GSM GPRS and EDGE, it is like comparing a a Toyota Camry 4 cyl agaist a LS2 GTO for speed.... The Toyota is gonna get killed.....

Apple was foolish with the iPhone coming out of the box with only GSM and not HSDPA. So all the customers are going to be buying old technology. So in a year or so when they figure out how to buy a Qualcomm 3G HSDPA chip set (I can't imagine them designing their own chip set yet...) and sell it, a lot of people are going to be dumping the iPhone for the next generation one.

Maybe it isn't foolish.... Now you are going to have a lot of unhappy customers for speed / performance, and they are going to dump it and buy it all over again. Double sales..... unhappy customers that buy a second time....

So, if you are into broadband speed? The V3xx does rock for speed, as it is HSDPA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSDPA). EV-DO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EV-DO) is the CDMA answer to HSPDA, which is why they aren't a fair comparison to EDGE, GSM EDGE is in comparison with CDMA's 1X specification, not EV-DO.....

I am playing with my Q now, http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/product/detailsPf.jsp?globalObjectId=180, but still trying to figure it out. All I can say is Windows is still Windows..... I want to see an Mac OSX version.... IF Apple was smart, they would release a OSX Mobile OS.... Maybe someone needs to come up with Linux Mobile!

But the guys at work playing with this one, http://direct.motorola.com/hellomoto/motoq9h/, which ROCKS for speed. Mind blowing... Smokes cable modems....

EDIT: It looks like Apple has done some strange things like soldered the battery inside, so you can't replace it easily. They are using an Infineon chipset. I have seen the insides now, it is incredibly complex assy. I wonder how durable it will be, I can highly recommend you don't drop it. There is a lot that can be damaged quite easily.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-02-07, 12:42 PM
This whole thread is

Over
My
head.

Spyder
07-02-07, 12:51 PM
I'm with him! ^

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-02-07, 12:58 PM
I tell ya, if she paid me $800 to take my place in the line, and then found out she could only buy one phone, i'd be....

http://www.stuckiniowa.com/img/uploads/roflcopter7.gif

derrty_deville
07-02-07, 01:02 PM
^Eh its not so bad if you read it. Someone shoulda jumped her though

Silver Dollar
07-02-07, 02:55 PM
I use my phone to make phone calls. Period.

z06bigbird
07-02-07, 04:43 PM
They've already been sued by Cisco over copyright infringement on the name. The whole deals snakebit.

Settlement reached, weeks ago.

N0DIH
07-02-07, 04:58 PM
90% of the people I talk to that is all they want, no camera, no fancy stuff, just a solid simple small phone...

But being I have access to them, some of the phones are pretty darn fun.... Heck, my boss has a new phone probably once a week....

Rolex
07-02-07, 05:35 PM
Someone shoulda jumped her though

Uhh my thoughts exactly. "Look at me everybody, I'm carrying $16,000." :thepan:

93DevilleUSMC
07-03-07, 03:07 AM
LOL she got exactly what she deserved!

Coma
07-03-07, 04:45 PM
AT&T sucks anyways, who would want to be locked down to that?

N0DIH
07-03-07, 04:50 PM
Once you've tasted Verizon and US Cellular, you would love ATT....

Any company that hoses up the user interface that badly won't get jack of my business. Verizon is the worst, Vodaphone is next, then USCellular. Nextel was great 5 years ago, but I have heard now sucks pretty bad thanks to Sprint.

TMobile and AT&T at least keep you sane. TMobile still has my vote, and they have the cutest spokesperson.... Catherine Zeta-Jones.... At least the commercials are worth watching....

GSM/WCDMA is so nice to be able to swap hardware whenever you want. With CDMA you are cursed with having to call and have them change the hardware ESN to another, and if they don't see the ESN in their system, you are screwed and can't use it. With GSM the identity is in the SIM card, just plug it in and go use it. And even brings in your address book if you saved to the SIM.

CDMA sucks....
GSM rocks......

Caddy Man
07-03-07, 09:17 PM
Once you've tasted Verizon and US Cellular, you would love ATT....

Any company that hoses up the user interface that badly won't get jack of my business. Verizon is the worst, Vodaphone is next, then USCellular. Nextel was great 5 years ago, but I have heard now sucks pretty bad thanks to Sprint.

TMobile and AT&T at least keep you sane. TMobile still has my vote, and they have the cutest spokesperson.... Catherine Zeta-Jones.... At least the commercials are worth watching....

GSM/WCDMA is so nice to be able to swap hardware whenever you want. With CDMA you are cursed with having to call and have them change the hardware ESN to another, and if they don't see the ESN in their system, you are screwed and can't use it. With GSM the identity is in the SIM card, just plug it in and go use it. And even brings in your address book if you saved to the SIM.

CDMA sucks....
GSM rocks......

I dont really care aobut all that stuff you mentioned if I cant even make calls in certain areas and get dropped calls all over where I live. AT&T (cingular) at least in the midwest area (more specifically michigan) sucks. I had it for a few weeks and I was getting so many dead zones compared to my current Sprint and my parents Verizon (which NEVER seems to lose service). I dont really care about that technical stuff if I cant make calls without getting dropped or losing service in the different places I go. After all...it is a phone.

N0DIH
07-03-07, 10:21 PM
In my case, Verizon here drops off to Analog way to much (rural areas) and Cingular/ATT has fantastic coverage. Nextel wasn't too bad, at least as good as Verizon. But the nice thing with TMobile is the national plans can roam on to most any GSM carrier. Same with ATT. When my mom had Verizon on a national plan she got slammed all the time with roaming fees, even though she wasn't supposed to have any.

What you really find is each area has pros and cons. Carriers have coverage where they have ability to (licensed from the FCC, aka, BIG $$ involved to get these licenses), where they can make $$, as in, good traffic areas where they have enough users to make it worth the investment of a cell site.

ATT and TMobile and any other GSM carrier have phones that are much cheaper to design, especially overseas where the bands are closer (2nd harmonics of each other, 900 MHz and 1800 MHz), phones are full 2watt (simplex operation) and the cell sites can cover a much larger area.

Verizon/Sprint/USCellular and other CDMA have more complex phones, cell sites that coverage varies widely depending on how many users are on the system. CDMA is a very cool technology, and is scalable to higher densities and faster data rates as the technology progresses.

GSM's roadmap is to become WCDMA, which is designed around the Qualcomm based CDMA (that Verizon and the like use) patents to continue to keep the costs down. WCDMA (Wideband Code Division Multiple Access) is a 5 MHz wide CDMA implementation, regular CDMA is 2.5 MHz wide. WiMAX is competition to WCMDA.

I have studied them, and they are very cool. It is absolutely amazing how it all works and that it works so well.....

BigJon
07-04-07, 01:48 AM
i have had cingular.... now the att since 02 and never had a problem but i would never spend 600$ on a stuipd phone...

Boombotz
07-04-07, 10:41 AM

No she got "I PWN3D"

N0DIH
07-04-07, 02:43 PM
I was always puzzled why the Cingular name stuck, ATT was already the driving force. A massively large cell company from outside the US (NTT DoCoMo) had invested $10B into ATT to upgrade from TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) to GSM back in the early 2000's. How much this still plays into how ATT does business I have no idea. How many companies can afford to let $10B go to help another upgrade without strings is amazing...

But I do know Verizon is partially or wholly owned by Vodaphone. Nextel got snapped up by Sprint (that was a wise business move if you ask me, even if you trash the company it was wise....). I forget who owns or has significant stake in Sprint. But most cell company providers in the US have partial owners from outside the US.

JimmyH
07-05-07, 05:17 PM
I am three years out of my ATT contract and I am still with them. Well Cingular now actually, and back to ATT shortly I guess.

As for the Iphone, you can get any variety of HTC Wizard on Ebay for a couple hundred. Cingular 8125 is the most popular. And you can download unlocking software to use it with any gsm carrier. It features WM5, slide out keyboard and tremendous battery life (for a pocket pc phone).

FYI you can find lots of great info on HTC phones here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/

JimmyH
07-05-07, 05:19 PM
I was always puzzled why the Cingular name stuck, ATT was already the driving force. A massively large cell company from outside the US (NTT DoCoMo) had invested $10B into ATT to upgrade from TDMA (Time Division Multiple Access) to GSM back in the early 2000's. How much this still plays into how ATT does business I have no idea. How many companies can afford to let $10B go to help another upgrade without strings is amazing...

My theory is ATT sold ATTWS to Cingular knowing full well they were buying them right back. It gave them time (and capital) to focus on the SBC takeover.

I bet Dish Network is next on their list.