: How does the STS compare???

Wheelman322
07-01-07, 05:13 PM
I've been thinking of jumping back to Cadillac for my next new car and i'm wondering how current owners would rate them compared to the Jap and German competition. I was thinking about an STS or maybe an STS-V. My last new Cadillac was an 03 DTS, which outside of the comfort area I wasn't impressed with. My last car was an 03 Mercedes E500 and I currently own an 07 M45 Sport which I love. I'm looking for comments about durability and performance now that Caddy has converted back to RWD. I should mention that I owned a 94 STS and a 98 ETC which I liked at the time.

96Fleetwood
07-01-07, 06:07 PM
If you have a M45 sport.. no STS but the STS-V would suit you.

The M45 sport is technologically and mechanically far more advanced than the STS line.

My parents have a SL55 and 760Li.. and getting into the 2005 STS V8 they had was a real shocker.. but then again they bought that car used for $25K... the price of a Accord or Camry :bigroll:

.. so if you do buy a STS-V, take advantage that 2006/2007 models can be had in the $40-$50K range :thumbsup: Never buy a Cadillac new...

Wheelman322
07-03-07, 03:49 PM
If you have a M45 sport.. no STS but the STS-V would suit you.

.. so if you do buy a STS-V, take advantage that 2006/2007 models can be had in the $40-$50K range :thumbsup: Never buy a Cadillac new...

I learned that the hard way...lol. I wonder if Cadillac resale value will ever improve? Maybe if they stopped loading the dealers with more volume than they can move, they would be hope for the used market to retain value.