Cadillac Owners Forum banner

someone tried breaking into my V

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  odla 
#1 ·
I came outside today, got in my car, ran some errands, and then I was walking back to my car and noticed a large dent around my front door handle.

I took a closer look and see a big silver hole right under the door handle. Someone tried to break into my 05' V but they didnt succeed.

The weird thing is, this same thing happened to my buddy last Sunday out in the city when he was parked next to me, but Im almost 100% positive I took a close look at my car to see if they tried my car too after he told me about it, and I doubt I could have gone a full week without noticing this. It must have happened last night.

Anyway, can anyone estimate the cost of the damages? Has this ever happened to anyone? Should I claim this on insurance or just pay for it if I have the money?

Could have been worse.

#7 ·
how hard is it to totally disable the factory alarm, say, if one of us wanted to install an aftermarket...

i know you need the alarm fob to do programming (i believe you need to hold down one of the buttons to reprogram the tire pressure sensors, or something like that, i remember reading).

#13 ·
This is a major problem on GM cars. About 6 years ago my GTP was broken into the exact same way. It ended up costing $500 to have the hole filled and the door sprayed. I was young and stupid and had about 200 CD's in the car, all taken. This also happened just before the holidays to my father-in-law's Tahoe.

#14 ·
This is a major problem on GM cars. About 6 years ago my GTP was broken into the exact same way. It ended up costing $500 to have the hole filled and the door sprayed. I was young and stupid and had about 200 CD's in the car, all taken. This also happened just before the holidays to my father-in-law's Tahoe.
Thieves apparently know how easy it is - I have the whole episode on video (our company monitors our parking areas) and the whole process took all of a minute and a half!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.