Cadillac Owners Forum banner

LT1 AC Charge

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  caddycruiser 
#1 ·
I need to charge up my AC on my 96 FWB. Where is the low pressure port located? On the condensor it says use synthetic oil. Is there a certain brand of R-134 and oil that I should use?

#2 ·
Low pressure port is on accumulator.

DO NOT add freon and judge how full it is using low pressure gauge only. You MUST use the high side gauge. Those fill kits with low pressure gauges don't tell much at all and are asking for problems with overfilling, which is a high risk to break the compressor.

#3 ·
Exactly, and I had a bad experience with one myself (really just didn't work), so I've had a good local shop just do it for me in a few minutes with the proper gauges and all. I know how, just don't want to bother.

I also have a leak somewhere, as the charges last year seemed to last about a month and a half or two with constant use (had dye put in last year, but couldn't find much underhood), and this year it's going well so far with a new charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.