: '06 SRX bumper--lovebugs

oakcircle
06-30-07, 10:51 PM
I looked at a dark blue '06 SRX in Florida to buy, but the front bumper had quite a bit of discoloration due to lovebugs. They tried to buff it out, but it still looks pretty bad. Anything to do short of repainting? Any idea on how much it would cost to repaint? Thanks.

TSS
07-01-07, 06:47 AM
should be roughly 450.00 if done at the dealer. This is NOT simply a guess. I am sure cheaper elsewhere .

mjk
07-02-07, 07:45 AM
Got my rear bumper scratched at the corner. $525 to repaint at the dealer. :thehand: It is a Dmt Wht so a dark color may be less.

Paulie Walnuts
07-02-07, 01:17 PM
Floriduh SRX owner here - get used to it if you're gonna stay - re-painting bumpers as part of an annual detail job is normal for those of us taking exceptional care of our cars.

The rest of the morons don't even wash'em off.

Boombotz
07-02-07, 01:26 PM
We own both the SRX(Dad's) and Escalade here in Fl and have no problem with the paint on the bumpers. The love bugs suck though. Professional detailed every 6 months and touchless car washes ever weekend. Have the Lade since 03 and the SRX since 06. No permenant marks on both bumpers.

CaddyinKC
07-04-07, 10:34 AM
What makes love bugs any worse than any other bug?

Is this them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_bug

Boombotz
07-04-07, 08:55 PM
What makes love bugs any worse than any other bug?

Is this them?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_bug
That would be them, and what makes them worse is probaly the sheer amounts of them when it is love bug season. Which means you can cover your bumper and windshield on 1 trip. there guts are very acidic and can eat threw your paint.

TSS
07-06-07, 08:41 AM
A clear 3M bra would likely help....

leeclapp
07-30-07, 03:52 PM
I have found that if you take a bottle of Baby Oil and put it into a spray bottle----lightly spray the entire front (don't forget the mirror fronts and above the windshield)...that the problem is solved....simply wash off after a trip with a garden hose....lee clapp

TSS
07-31-07, 10:02 AM
Cool idea for bugs in general on a long trip! Thanks Lee.