Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Question: Signs of Abuse

931 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  The Tony Show 
#1 ·
Fresh off the boat, I am a GM newb used to the Ford model (insert jokes here). I am going to look at a few V's this weekend and I was wondering if you guys/gals could let me in on if there are any sure fire visible or audible signs that the car was abused (prolly by one of you guys). I've looked around the forums and I know that the diff will show due to wheel hop, but what are the signs. If there are any other tips/pointers you guys can give me that would be much appreciated. I have a shop and I am looking for a stock V to do full mod (headers, exhaust, suspension, brakes, intake, cai, paint, shifter, etc) with pictures to hopefully be a providing member to this forum.

Another question in my quest for V knowledge, any you guys in the Cincinnati area? I'd love to see your machines.

My brother has a mod'd cobra that I'd like to pass with 4 doors in the future. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
There's not much you can do to hurt the GM small block V8, short of missing a shift badly and bending a rod. If it's not knocking like a mother, the motor should be fine.

Other than that, standard stuff to look for in a used car applies: Leaks, difficulty shifting, smoke out the pipes and hesitation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.