: DTS is a nice ride!

coati
06-30-07, 09:59 AM
This is my third DTS loaner car & I love it!
It rides so nice & smooth that it makes having my STS at the dealership for servicing much more tolerable.
A real relaxed & soothing quiet ride.
Highly recommended if you can get one as a loaner.:)

mocts
06-30-07, 05:05 PM
thats what my mom says when her sts goes in

Lord Cadillac
06-30-07, 06:27 PM
I say the same thing when my Escalade goes in. I either get a CTS or a DTS. The CTS is a GREAT handler and the DTS is a soft ride.. I like both... The DTS though, being larger, I like better..

Caroutisine
06-30-07, 06:47 PM
I should have waited until 06 for the DTS. :)

Seriously, I miss the smooth ride of my 2001 SLS...and FWD in the winter. Should have at least gotten AWD on the STS.

Oh well, the STS is still a nice car. :thumbsup:

coati
06-30-07, 07:10 PM
As much as I love my '06 Northstar STS, I must admit that the DTS has grown on me where I could actually see myself owning one.
As for being an "old man's" car, it is a wonderful ride.
The more you drive the DTS, the more you begin to appreciate it.
The two major issues I find regarding the DTS are the wide turning radius (does not turn sharp) & only a 4-Speed Automatic Transmission (you'd think it'd have at least a 5-Speed).
Also, why is the exhaust so loud compared to the Northstar STS?
The sound is completely different!:confused:

dkozloski
06-30-07, 09:16 PM
The DTS's I've driven wallow all over the road like a sad old sow. Marshmallow ride and peanut butter drive. I much prefer my AWD V8 STS.

Caroutisine
07-01-07, 03:07 AM
Also, why is the exhaust so loud compared to the Northstar STS?
The sound is completely different!:confused:

Glad I'm not the only one to notice this. The Northstar in the STS doesn't sound like a V8. My SLS sounded better, so does my V8 Jeep.

bigdog9586
07-01-07, 02:28 PM
Difference between driving a semi and a vette. Rides nice on the straight a way but doesn't corner like my STS. Plus it is to darn big.

z06bigbird
07-01-07, 03:37 PM
This is my third DTS loaner car & I love it!
It rides so nice & smooth that it makes having my STS at the dealership for servicing much more tolerable.
A real relaxed & soothing quiet ride.
Highly recommended if you can get one as a loaner.:)

You don't know what a smooth ride is until you drive an old Fleecewood Brougham. 96 has the LS1 Vette engine. Extremely smooth ride.

malcolm
07-02-07, 08:40 AM
The DTS's I've driven wallow all over the road like a sad old sow. Marshmallow ride and peanut butter drive. I much prefer my AWD V8 STS.
That's the old school Caddy experience that's missing today. Nice floating ride, plenty of slop in cornering. I miss it.

Caroutisine
07-02-07, 09:32 AM
:yeah:

cguthrie
07-05-07, 02:49 PM
Caroutisine,

I've noticed the same w/my stock exhaust note. Almost dead quiet. I had a 99STS that had a terrific tone. My 05 STS definitely is faster, but w/out the nice exhaust note. I'll probably upgrade to the Corsa.

What's interesting, on the Corsa site, IMHO, the Corsa exhaust on the old Seville/Deville sounds much better than on a newer STS????? Can't figure it out. Stealthy though!

CG
2005 STS SG1 30K

997tt
07-05-07, 05:20 PM
love the new look, but 4-speed automatic makes it a loser.

Pete Benson
07-05-07, 05:34 PM
love the new look, but 4-speed automatic makes it a loser.

Wrong. The DTS is handsome,smooth, quiet, powerful, and handles well for the kind of car that it is, and I suspect that I am not the only one on planet earth who doesn't give a flying f**k whether the transmission has one gear or fifty.

megeebee
07-05-07, 06:03 PM
I'm curious............

What's this doing in the STS Forums area???????

997tt
07-06-07, 03:35 PM
Wrong. The DTS is handsome,smooth, quiet, powerful, and handles well for the kind of car that it is, and I suspect that I am not the only one on planet earth who doesn't give a flying f**k whether the transmission has one gear or fifty.

No need to get vulgar.

Maybe I should have said makes it a loser to me. Because you actually thought I was talking for the rest of the world.

And I do care about how many gears in my car. Less then 5 is ridiculious by today's standard.

It's like saying "I don't care how much horsepower my car has". Well that's what sells cars. Benz has a 7 speed auto out, and Lexus has an 8 speed. Causes for faster accelaration and lower reving at a crusing 60-70mph. Cadillac is SUPOSED to be in that league, is it not?

Pete Benson
07-06-07, 05:55 PM
No need to get vulgar.

Maybe I should have said makes it a loser to me. Because you actually thought I was talking for the rest of the world.

And I do care about how many gears in my car. Less then 5 is ridiculious by today's standard.

It's like saying "I don't care how much horsepower my car has". Well that's what sells cars. Benz has a 7 speed auto out, and Lexus has an 8 speed. Causes for faster accelaration and lower reving at a crusing 60-70mph. Cadillac is SUPOSED to be in that league, is it not?

Fine. I'm sure that the DTS's successor will have a zillion gear tranny - in the meantime lets give it some credit for the things it does have right.

As for horsepower, you're talking about bragging rights, pure and simple. And I for one couldn't care less about this either ( although I expect I'm part of a small minority on this ). As long as the car gets the job done well, and with room to spare - well, you get my point.

997tt
07-06-07, 06:59 PM
Fine. I'm sure that the DTS's successor will have a zillion gear tranny - in the meantime lets give it some credit for the things it does have right.

As for horsepower, you're talking about bragging rights, pure and simple. And I for one couldn't care less about this either ( although I expect I'm part of a small minority on this ). As long as the car gets the job done well, and with room to spare - well, you get my point.

Being on par with the rest of the big dogs regarding horsepower, torque, gears, rwd and awd availability is what's going to sell cars.
I'm sure it does everything it's suposed to do quite well, but on paper, 6 looks better then 4.

If a car doesn't meet my critera, I probably won't even consider it.
Before I went to see the STS V8 a friend of mine received, I checked the specs.
If it had less then 300hp, I wouldn't even look at it twice, because I was cross-shopping the 382hp E550 and it would be adsurd to buy a vehicle in the same league that has placed itself in a different league with the lack of hp.

Same analogy for the gears & torque.

Pete Benson
07-06-07, 08:50 PM
Being on par with the rest of the big dogs regarding horsepower, torque, gears, rwd and awd availability is what's going to sell cars.
I'm sure it does everything it's suposed to do quite well, but on paper, 6 looks better then 4.

If a car doesn't meet my critera, I probably won't even consider it.
Before I went to see the STS V8 a friend of mine received, I checked the specs.
If it had less then 300hp, I wouldn't even look at it twice, because I was cross-shopping the 382hp E550 and it would be adsurd to buy a vehicle in the same league that has placed itself in a different league with the lack of hp.

Same analogy for the gears & torque.

Sorry, but we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this. How a particular compares to another on paper has no meaning to me whatsoever.

What matters to me is whether or not the car in which I'm interested "works" FOR ME or not. Is it fast enough for me, does it handle well enough for me, is it smooth and quiet enough for me, does it stop and turn well enough for me?

Do you see where I'm going with this? If a particular car pleases ME enough to buy the thing, how it compares with other cars on paper is a complete and total non-issue.

997tt
07-07-07, 02:09 PM
Sorry, but we're just going to have to agree to disagree on this. How a particular compares to another on paper has no meaning to me whatsoever.

What matters to me is whether or not the car in which I'm interested "works" FOR ME or not. Is it fast enough for me, does it handle well enough for me, is it smooth and quiet enough for me, does it stop and turn well enough for me?

Do you see where I'm going with this? If a particular car pleases ME enough to buy the thing, how it compares with other cars on paper is a complete and total non-issue.

Obviously it's about how you feel about the vehicle in the end.
Thing is, to attract more people (read other people then you) Caddy needs to up it's game a little bit.

It's like buying offering your high-end LCD TV without HD resolution. It may make you happy, but it won't attract other shoppers. ya know?

Force-1
07-07-07, 09:40 PM
DTS=FWD=:ack: