Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I know a couple people have been asking for these (stock chrome)

788 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  AirCav 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I have heard from a local Caddy dealer that the reason Calif has so many rims avail and the reason that they are so cheap is that they come from China. I suspect that the quality of the chrome is in line with the quality of the dog food and toothpaste coming out of the far east.

Discount Tire people tell me to stay away from Chrome rims, as it will eventualy flake. When that happens on bead (edge) of rim, you are in big trouble.

#4 ·
I've had mine for 2-3 months now so kinda too early to tell...I will tell you though my pops bought some 20' X5 rims for his bimmer from the same place....he's had them for over a year and they are great.....besides I think they offer a warranty for a couple years.......

and yes they're chrome all the way...in/out...they dip the whole rim, and from what I can tell, they're really not that much heavier than stock...it is just a nickel plating ;)

#8 ·
Look in my signature ;)

I have heard from a local Caddy dealer that the reason Calif has so many rims avail and the reason that they are so cheap is that they come from China. I suspect that the quality of the chrome is in line with the quality of the dog food and toothpaste coming out of the far east.

Discount Tire people tell me to stay away from Chrome rims, as it will eventualy flake. When that happens on bead (edge) of rim, you are in big trouble.
The place I posted the link to does subs their chroming out to a shop down the street...otherwise theres no way they would've been able to give me a 3 day turnaround on chroming one of my rims and sending it back....and as for chrome not holding up :confused: I've had chrome on all my vehicle...I had stock 16" chrome on my camaro, then upgraded to OE replica Z06 rims....the cars a 2000 and the rims look like new...I guess it's like a good/bad paint job...it's all in the prep work...so far I've had 0 issues with any of my chrome rims....I've had worse luck with painted rims to tell you the truth......either way I've gotten a couple PM's asking for a link to where I got mine, thats the only reason I posted.

#7 ·
as it will eventualy flake
Not too long ago I was at the mechanic and one rim on a car they had there was rust to the car. As they were banging on it, the chome was coming off from the inside of the rim. They were in crappy condition and the car wasn't cared for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.