: did some valet parking last night....

AKPsiMC03
05-04-03, 01:56 PM
Last night I did valet parking at the Culinary Institute of America up here in Poughkeepsie, NY.

THe dinner was for the Marist College (my school) Presidnt's Club. It was for people who donated over $10,000 last year to Marist. SO there were alot of nice cars.

some reviews:

Newer Deville DLS?... NICE! road a little softer than my ETC though... but i had the target, i mean hood ornament on the hood.

Mercades M class... steering way too stif.. handled nicely around the turn. kinda hard to take the key out..

late 90s mercades roadster, this guy had his seat do far up that my forehard was touching the windshild... litterally. and i couldnt get the key out. On that car your foot has to be off the brake to get it out... dumbest thing i ever saw.

BMW 540i? 5-sp. fast, too bumpy of a ride, seats incredibbly uncomfortable... and the clutch on this this SUCKED! it wasnt bad.. just how it worked sucked... there was way too much travel on the pedal.

88 town car... I WANT ONE! this thing was a beast and i loved evey second of driving it... it had a small hole in the exaust so you could REALLY hear that 5.0 scream under throttle!!

New tahoe... not bad..

New explorer.. these things have the tightest turning raidus of any SUV ive ever driven.. the ride was NICE with the new IRS. If i was gunna get an SUV, this would be it.... oh, and the guy had some really cool jazz playing so i had to crank it up.

subaru outback 5-sp... this thing was nosy, rode like a tank.. and the clutch caught too high

edit: new lincon continental... smoother than my eldo, rode better, and HOLY SHIT i want those gauges!!!!!

thats it for the higlights..other than that i dont remmeber.. i was working my ass off... and i found out that bass dress shoes are NOT made for running

Allante North *
05-04-03, 03:39 PM
Jay,

Too back the contributors didn't have a new XLR, that might have saved you from being brainwashed by the Lincon. I'm a bit confused by a donor of $10,000 driving a POS like the Suburu. Maybe he owns a dealership.

Good report, now give those dogs a rest for today and make a note to pick up some comfortable shoes to run in next time.

Don

AKPsiMC03
05-04-03, 04:16 PM
there were alot of POS cars. But some people have money and they just dont dump it on nice cars. Most of them were newer and in ok condition. ALOT of them smell like old man

Chuck C
05-04-03, 09:10 PM
the instrument panel on the continentals sure are nice

Ralph
05-05-03, 04:36 AM
I know what you mean by the 5.0 in the lincoln TC, had the same motor in my Grand Marquis. I think it was even smoother than my Caddy. (500lbs more.)

AKPsiMC03
05-05-03, 11:10 AM
it makes me miss my 5.0 tbird.... then again its more of a headache than its worth... I should have traded it for my friend's F250 when i had the chance.

Devil_concours
05-06-03, 02:28 AM
I have a 2002 f250 4 door in lariat trim w/powerstroke diesel, I just wish that i had gotten a silverado 2500hd 4door w/duramax diesel instead :(

Ralph
05-06-03, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Devil_concours
I have a 2002 f250 4 door in lariat trim w/powerstroke diesel, I just wish that i had gotten a silverado 2500hd 4door w/duramax diesel instead :(

I got a soft spot for the new Hemi Ram sport truck. Or the Lightning.:mad:

AKPsiMC03
05-06-03, 01:20 PM

why? persoanlly i like the F-series better than the silverados. THe 6.0L powerstroke is more powerfull too.

elwesso
05-06-03, 06:16 PM
I am with ralph, the Hemi in the new rams is awesome. I rode in a brand new one with an extended cab, and it can haul, not only that, but it has the traditional big block sound.

Devil_concours
05-07-03, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by AKPsiMC03
why? persoanlly i like the F-series better than the silverados. THe 6.0L powerstroke is more powerfull too.
i got the 7.3l powerstroke. Which is in the same power level as dura with less hp.
i have to say is ford trucks sucks beyond anything. Not worth paying over 40k for a premium pickup.

Ralph
05-07-03, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by elwesso
I am with ralph, the Hemi in the new rams is awesome. I rode in a brand new one with an extended cab, and it can haul, not only that, but it has the traditional big block sound.

Ram all the way for trucks, Baby. The one we test drove in the fall was a black shortbox, reg. cab. It had the 5.9 (360) which sounded great, but the computer said we were getting 8.1 mpg! I liked how it bounced a little with the optional 20 in. mags. I still have to test a Lightning though.:burn:

Devil_concours
05-07-03, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
Ram all the way for trucks, Baby. The one we test drove in the fall was a black shortbox, reg. cab. It had the 5.9 (360) which sounded great, but the computer said we were getting 8.1 mpg! I liked how it bounced a little with the optional 20 in. mags. I still have to test a Lightning though.:burn:

while you're testing driving the lightning i would like to test drive the ram with the viper engine.

Ralph
05-07-03, 03:41 AM
while you're testing driving the lightning i would like to test drive the ram with the viper engine.

Yeah I saw one today in a magazine for the first time. I had heard a rumor that they would do it last fall but had forgotten about it. As far as I knew, the Lightning was the fastest truck in North America, wonder if that is still true?:burn: :thumbsup:

Devil_concours
05-07-03, 03:59 AM
500hp/500lbft 8+liter v10 in the ram sounds like a monster to me.

Elvis
05-07-03, 11:21 AM
friends don't let friends drive Dodge.

I work with a guy who had a beautiful red Dodge Ram with the 318. Great engine, lousy transmission. He had to dump it before it hit 30,000 miles.

He loved everything about that truck, but the fear of being stranded forced him to trade it before he had even owned it two years.

Now he has a Toyota.

Night Wolf
05-07-03, 08:43 PM
heh, you live right in Pough. I am just on the other side of the river....

....if your crazy about that TC, my grandfather is now selling his '87 Town Car becuase he just got a 2001 Grand Marquis, everything on the car is fixed and working great.... although I don't know if you were serious or not :D

BUT the car did have the 302, and it was really powerful.... although I didn't care for the car too much

AKPsiMC03
05-08-03, 12:56 AM
no $$$$ and im leaving here for good after graduation on may 17th

Ralph
05-08-03, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Elvis
friends don't let friends drive Dodge.

I work with a guy who had a beautiful red Dodge Ram with the 318. Great engine, lousy transmission. He had to dump it before it hit 30,000 miles.

He loved everything about that truck, but the fear of being stranded forced him to trade it before he had even owned it two years.

Now he has a Toyota.

That's just it. I had a '70 Plymouth and a '78 Dodge Monaco, and I put less money into those than all my others which were from the big 3 as well! Mind you with dodge, the windows leak, the trannies klunk and everything else falls apart, but they keep on running. Also my hillbilly buddy had a 1980 Toyota truck and it could not be killed. Hey Devil, why would anybody buy a Viper if they could save thousands and buy the Ram V10 and get the same performance??:eek:

Devil_concours
05-08-03, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
Hey Devil, why would anybody buy a Viper if they could save thousands and buy the Ram V10 and get the same performance??:eek:
Size, Weight, and most importantly performance. No matter what, there is a huge performance difference between a >3500lb car v. <6000lb truck, in just about every category of performance.

Ralph
05-08-03, 02:39 AM
Size, Weight, and most importantly performance. No matter what, there is a huge performance difference between a >3500lb car v. <6000lb truck, in just about every category of performance.

So, will it take a Lightning, and if so when can I buy one??:cool:

cobrayankee
05-13-03, 05:25 PM
The Lightning is 4600 pounds, give or take 50 here and there, nowhere's near 6000lbs. And until the SRT-10 Ram is actually on the road, it can't take the Lightning. :D But seriously, it will be a lot heavier and will have the 6 speed if they produce it the way they advertised it. Who wants that long of a throw when you're racing??

Ralph
05-14-03, 02:08 AM
Sounds like the Lightning would still take it, especially if it has traction control, IMO!

cobrayankee
05-14-03, 10:05 AM
From a roll of 30mph or so, that Ram, if producing 500/500, should run away from a stock 99-03 Lightning.