: Outside Window Trim

scout01
06-29-07, 09:23 AM
Has anybody ever run across an issue with the window trim on the outside of the window? The large Chrome strip on my passener door, and at the bottom of the window, is coming up and my SRX just turned a year old. All I have to say is WTF? I have had little issues with this vehicle since I bought it, but, the trim is the last thing I would expect to start going. Is it a problem with the glue? I am going to call the dealer and see if they can get it and check it out.

TSS
06-29-07, 09:37 AM
It will be covered under warrantee.

c5 rv
06-29-07, 09:37 AM
No problem here on my 06. The chrome trim at the bottom of the windows on my Lincoln MKZ seems like an afterthought. There are gaps and water dribbles out for hours after washing the car, even if I blow it out with the leaf blower before drying.

john d
06-29-07, 12:37 PM
Has anybody ever run across an issue with the window trim on the outside of the window? The large Chrome strip on my passener door, and at the bottom of the window, is coming up and my SRX just turned a year old. All I have to say is WTF? I have had little issues with this vehicle since I bought it, but, the trim is the last thing I would expect to start going. Is it a problem with the glue? I am going to call the dealer and see if they can get it and check it out.
Several here (me included) have had the black roof panel glue let go on our Ultraview trim. Dealer fixed mine but others had repeat isssues in hot weather.

louisn
06-29-07, 02:25 PM
Speaking of trim, anyone have any issues with bubbling or weathering of the trim around the top of the headlight housing. Mine looks like its top layer is coming off.

john d
06-29-07, 02:55 PM
Speaking of trim, anyone have any issues with bubbling or weathering of the trim around the top of the headlight housing. Mine looks like its top layer is coming off.
oh mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn ....I hate hearing things like that!!!
Going to be "just one more thing" to dampen the day. #@%**&:want:

nstar
06-29-07, 08:43 PM
Both headlights on my 04 V8 are on order is been about 3 weeks . They have same problem peeling right at top of next to fender.:want:

john d
06-29-07, 10:55 PM
Both headlights on my 04 V8 are on order is been about 3 weeks . They have same problem peeling right at top of next to fender.:want:
Wonder if Cadillac bought trim parts from the former HUGO parts supplier?
Is it plastic veneer laminate film instead of chrome plated plastic?

louisn
07-01-07, 12:19 PM
If the dealer is doing all that under warranty, I wonder if a bulb replacement might be a good idea since (I think) replacing the bulb involves taking the bumper and/or fender off and may be costly down the road.:confused: I'm taking mine to the dealer shortly for this problem.

louisn
07-01-07, 12:23 PM
Wonder if Cadillac bought trim parts from the former HUGO parts supplier?
Is it plastic veneer laminate film instead of chrome plated plastic?
It looks like plastic with a clear coat peeling off. Like your skin peeling after a bad sunburn.