Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Thinking of buying new '07 V

577 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  rand49er 
#1 ·
I'm debating as to buy a new 2007 V or wait until the 2009 comes out next year. I would really like to keep this car for 5 years, but I'm afraid of how bad the resell value will get his being the last model year before the big change.

I'm toying w/the lease option, but its seems a high price to pay (monthly) and not to have any equity at the end of the term.

What do you guys think?

#3 ·
You should be able to get a nice price on a 3 year lease of an '07, which would allow time for the "bugs" to get worked out of the '09 and '10 V's, at which point you could get one of those. This is only a good option if you're the type of person that can handle having the "old" style (which is a great one, in my opinion).

#5 ·
Get the 2007! I was debating that same issue for about 2 minutes. There is no way that I was going to wait 2 years for a V. So I got the '07.
Lease the 2007 like Tony said and once your lease is up, spring for the '09.

#10 ·
If depreciation is your concern, buy one that's been hit already ... an '04 or '05. Then, when the '09 or '10 is out, dump the old model. 'Course, this has to be compared with the lease option mentioned above.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.