Cadillac Owners Forum banner
2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Wheelman322 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
It's nice, but it's not Sage, I thought you specifically wanted Sage.

#8 ·
Sage only because of its specific rarity. I dont have any production numbers on anything other than '85. Honestly, any green Fleetwood Brougham from the '80s gets me all giddy and happy, Sage green is just one of them.

Cadillac Giovanni said:
That's purdy car Jonas, but it still doesn't hold a candle to your sage green beauty.
Yeah i like my color better. Heh, i wish the exterior of mine was that nice... Interior is almost perfect though. Thanks for the kind words.

#12 ·
I do know one thing about that 8-6-4, back then they weren't shielded (protected) from outside interference too well!

My dad used to be an avid Citizens Band Radio operator, and had a 1,200 watt linear in the trunk, and an 8' whip antenea on the rear bumper of his car, and ever time one of those 8-6-4's got within 100yds of him, that computer would go nuts!!

I hope that if the 8-6-4 comes out again, it's shielded way better!!

#4 ·
I dunno, but I've seen some last a long time! A member on here by the name of Bro-Ham had an '81 FWB Coupe, and I got to drive it back in December of '06 when it had 236,000 on it and the 8-6-4 still worked just fine. I put it on the "active cylinder" display and watched as it went to 6 at about 55mph, then I let off the gas even more and it went into 4 cyl mode. I was really amazed it still worked with that kinda mileage!

#5 ·
Nice find! Although the V 8-6-4s could be troublesome, I don't belive they were as nealry problematic as the HT-4100. I know the 8-6-4s could also easily be modified to a full time 8.

Speaking of V 8-6-4s were they fuel injected?

#7 ·
Yeah, often the dealers would go under the hood and disable the 8-6-4 crap right away.

Which reminds me, I wonder if Cadillac is going to implement that idea into one of their upcoming models, inspired by the Cadillac 16 concept with it's variable cylinder operating modes. Hopefully they'll make an awesome new rear-wheel drive luxury sedan, and give me a reason to dream about owning a new Cadillac again.

That's purdy car Jonas, but it still doesn't hold a candle to your sage green beauty.

#13 ·
I've got a Car and Driver road test of an '81 Sedan deVille. Their average MPG was 11, city and highway combined! Not too good at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.