ZEUSROTTY
06-27-07, 10:33 PM
http://www.thehundreds.com/wordpress/?p=1874

Kmajecki
06-27-07, 11:24 PM
WTF?!! :want: What a bunch of dicks. :thehand:

ZEUSROTTY
06-27-07, 11:26 PM
the cops or the kids? I think the cops are way in the wrong here. did you see the girl getting pulled off her feet in a headlock?

Kmajecki
06-27-07, 11:28 PM
The fat cop that couldnt catch the kid. Im not a big sk8ter boy fan but those cops just went over board. Lets arrest everybody!!! Would have been funny if the first kid he handcuffed would have ran off while the cop was chasing the other kid... All that running to come back and find everyone is gone! :histeric:

1QUICKV
06-28-07, 12:08 AM
if the cop had handcuffed me and left me to catch another one... i would of ran too. Then he wouldn't have had anybody

Chef
06-28-07, 12:12 AM
Hell, that's a typical Arky fish fry:alchi:

My Dad's got a spread down there in Hot Springs. When it gets real cold down there it gets cold enough to hang haaawg...

bcholka
06-28-07, 06:28 AM
Punk kids getting what they deserved. Police brutality?? C'mon!!! :mad:

CIWS
06-28-07, 08:01 AM
Did not see what caused the initial arrest, so that makes it hard to determine why the cop placed him under arrest. The kids say they were "just riding skateboards" the cop says when he told them to stop the kid told them to take off. Judging by what is seen in that video, the kids probably did say take off. If a cop tells you to stop and you take off, he has no idea why you are running. Why would an innocent person choose to flee ? USUALLY if people run it's because they don't want to be stopped and possibly searched or have their backgrounds run because they have done something wrong, are carring something they don't want a cop to find, or are wanted and have a warrant.

Second kid that ran AFTER the cop told him to stop was technically fleeing. If a cop tells you to stop, pull over, come to him, etc and you take off running or drive away, you are fleeing and disobeying the directions of a law enforcement officer, whether you agree with his actions or not. If you make the choice to run, then you may suffer the concequences. That kid got away.

If you are taken into custody or detained and you choose to resist/fight, that is resisting . If you choose to resist a cop he has every right to use force, choke holds, pepper spray, or any necessary force to stop you from resisting or fleeing and keep you detained.

What's unfortunate is some people do not seem to understand what their responsibilities are when law enforcement gives them directions. Most people do understand if you are driving and a cop pulls up behind you and turns on their lights you are to pull over. That is a cop telling you to stop. You may have done NOTHING wrong, but the cop still has the authority to pull you over and detain you. However if you choose not to stop and / or take off from the stop is it any suprise that you are chased and if caught placed under arrest ? Again initially you had done nothing wrong.

The encounter with a police officer is not the place to make the choice to resist detainment, or disobey their directions. If that officer is acting incorrectly or has detained you for no good reason follow their instructions and then take it up with their supervisor later on and/ or hire a lawyer and handle it in court with the judge. Especially if you have video of the encounter to prove your side of the story.

Was that officer being a little over zealous initially ? Could be, we don't get to see the initial encounter. But the kids there turned the situation in his favor by their follow on actions only helping to show the officer's actions could be justified.

Jonas McFeely
06-28-07, 08:21 AM
:bacon::bacon2: < is that bacon or ice cream? Also,whenever i spell "bacon",i want to spell it "bacoln", like "lincoln".

Rolex
06-28-07, 08:56 PM
I could care less how it started. But I imagine a bunch of mouthy ass kids were trying to run from getting a ticket. They've probably been told a thousand times not to skate in that area, and there are probably even signs posted. If they were vandilizing my storefront with their bullshit every day I'd want to thump their smartass skulls too. Skaters are, generally speaking, a nuisance.

They lit a fire under the ex-high school bully and paid a sharp price for their hobby. All that effort on the part of the cop would be better spent fighting crime elsewhere IMO. The sad end to all this is that these kids parents will likely receive the obligatory settlement from the city.....courtesy of John Q Taxpayer. :mad:

LS1Mike
06-28-07, 09:11 PM
When a cop says stop...YOU STOP! How hard is that. Punk kids. He should have pepper sprayed them. That stuff sucks.
We built two skate board parks in Kitsap county at the Tax payers expesne, and guys still don't use them and like Rolex said, most of them are a general nuisance around here. Skating on private property that the owner can be held liable for if the said skater falls.
By all means enjoy your hobby, but not at others exspense, and don't be stupid if a cop says stop, just f-ing do it.

rblimas
06-28-07, 09:14 PM
i would have bashed the cop's face in with the skate bored!!!:mad:

thebigjimsho
06-28-07, 09:32 PM
Overzealous cops? Maybe. But you can't mouth off to the cops or run around like that. If they were in squad cars and the kids ran, it looks more obvious of fleeing. But like others have said, you disobey a cop's orders, you deserve what you get.

I have no sympathy for those kids.

rblimas
06-28-07, 09:38 PM
Overzealous cops? Maybe. But you can't mouth off to the cops or run around like that. If they were in squad cars and the kids ran, it looks more obvious of fleeing. But like others have said, you disobey a cop's orders, you deserve what you get.

I have no sympathy for those kids.

HE WAS CHOKING THEM!!!!!!! he should have not been choking them, if he was going to use that kind of force then he should have used that stick thing.

Rolex
06-28-07, 09:52 PM
HE WAS CHOKING THEM!!!!!!! he should have not been choking them, if he was going to use that kind of force then he should have used that stick thing.

:rofl: Better to beat them with a baton huh? That would make for much better TV footage a-la-Rodney King. :stirpot: POPO > :thepan: < Skater

CIWS
06-29-07, 09:12 AM

A choke hold is one tactic that is taught by some police forces and used when someone is resisting. They do not simply walk up to you and grab you by the neck and start choking you because they want to talk to you. Odds are the person was trying to flee and/or fighting to get away (resisting). In such cases they are allowed to use various means to subdue you. They also have other possible means of force that can be used, pepper spray, taser, baton, firearm. Each seen as an increasing level of force that is supposed to be used as the level of resistance or threat increases toward the law enforcement officer or the public.

If a cop chooses a choke, there is always someone who will say that wasn't right and they should have sprayed them, or tasered them, etc, etc. But what's funny to me is you almost never hear someone say the person should have stopped trying to fight the cop, or shouldn't have done it in the first place and complied with their instructions. You will notice the one kid with the camera who seem to comply with the officer's instructions was not put down with force, he wasn't choked, or any of the other methods they could use if that were the case. That's because he didn't resist and he basically complied with the officers instructions.

Even if the cop is in the wrong, fighting with them will only get you into more trouble and give them more reasons to ruin your day. Save the fight for the courts or in his (her) supervisor's office. On the street it will only get you into worse trouble.

Jonas McFeely
06-29-07, 10:47 AM
^^^ :gurl: :bacon: