: cruise control

duker
06-27-07, 02:13 PM
Engine surges on slight incline, sometimes drops to lower gear, seems very erratic, varies from 3mph either way, would like to hear any comments!! SRX 07 v-6 5000 miles

Tom Wheeler
06-29-07, 07:39 AM
I too have a 07 with a V6 and cruise tends to over compensate in a effort to maintain a set speed. It's one of those few little things I wish was different in a vehicle that I really like.

Tom

c5 rv
06-29-07, 08:40 AM
No problems on my 06 with the 3.6. However, then there's my 81 vette. (Today is national drive your vette to work day.) This morning on the freeway, the cruise control was vague at best.

john d
06-29-07, 11:34 AM
04 V8 does same but at a minus 2 mph going uphill but doesn't exceed by more than 2 mph.
On a level road or mild rise in grade it holds steady without downshift or surge.
By the way, I do prefer the contol onthe turn signal stalk as opposed to the steering wheel as some have prefered.
On our DTS the crusie buttons are split to both sides of the steering wheel. The on button has a light in it and I have to "chase" the buttons to make changes in it's setting while looking down at the wheel.
That's a safety problem for me....and you ...if you're in front of me!

duker
06-29-07, 12:03 PM
I too have a 07 with a V6 and cruise tends to over compensate in a effort to maintain a set speed. It's one of those few little things I wish was different in a vehicle that I really like.

Tom

Thanks Tom for the reply, I was at dealer again today, rode w/ tech, he says that's the way it is, just like reflection on windows from inside air vents. I too like the vehicle & hope gas milage improves Duke.

MortnCyn
06-30-07, 06:54 AM
Thanks Tom for the reply, I was at dealer again today, rode w/ tech, he says that's the way it is, just like reflection on windows from inside air vents. I too like the vehicle & hope gas milage improves Duke.He says that as you posted earlier (Engine surges on slight incline, sometimes drops to lower gear, seems very erratic, varies from 3mph either way) is normal? Do not agree with that. The tech may be saying he does not know how to fix it! We had an '04 V6 and now an '05 V6 and the cruise hardly varies at all. Do know there were some posts re the problem on V8's in the past.