: How can you turn off the Interior Lights when a doos is open?

mrhockey20
06-27-07, 12:44 PM
I took my mom's SRX(2005) yesterday to the drive in and we couldnt figure out how to keep the battery running and open the back with the light staying off. In my car there is a button that says dome override and you press it and when a door opens the lights dont turn on. Is there anyway to do this in this car?
There has to be, its a Cadillac!

Thanks everyone.

Autobahn_Burner
06-28-07, 07:18 AM
Your Cadillac has an ambient light sensor. Interior lighting is governed by the computer. At daytimes, the interior lamps don't come on, in twilight or at night, however, the system turns on your interior lighting automatically. If you leave open any door(s) or tailgate, the systems monitors the situation and turns off the interior lamos after a few minutes. Just try, wont drain your battery. The only downside is, if you play too often without driving (for re-charging the battery) you may get stranded. No manual dome override functionality...

ewill3rd
06-28-07, 07:39 AM
You can learn how to latch the latches on the open doors so the computer thinks the doors are shut, you just have to remember to pull the handle to unlatch them before you try to close the door.

That or wait 10 minutes with the doors open and don't shut them and open them again. Most GM cars have a timer that shuts off the interior lights after 10 minutes with the doors open.

z06bigbird
08-10-07, 06:43 PM
Older cars used to have a button on the door frames. I used to cut a little piece of aluminum and attach it with a small screw. I could slide it over the light (control) button to turn interior lights off. Dang, I used to be smart.

john d
08-11-07, 01:41 PM
Older cars used to have a button on the door frames. I used to cut a little piece of aluminum and attach it with a small screw. I could slide it over the light (control) button to turn interior lights off. Dang, I used to be smart.
You too must have parked on dark lonely lovers lane roads.....right?