Cadillac Owners Forum banner

NAV2Go + Alpine Vehicle Hub

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  GMBOUND 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I sent my factory NAV off to Nav2Go to have the video input mod done and ordered the new Alpine VPA-B222 Vehicle Hub for the V. I've been contemplating this for a while but finally pulled the trigger. I still don't think that trying to get the factory signal out of the Bose amp and going to an external processor like the CleanSweep, 360 or multiple others is the answer so I decided to go this route. The vehicle hub is a pretty cool device and will allow me to still feed the factory NAV signal into it so i can use it's features along with have a clean siganl to my JL amps. I know there are some of you out there that have proabably contemplated the same thing so I'll keep you guys informed.

Shane

#4 ·
Jim,

I had a 360.2.................and well..............I didn't care for it. The vehicle hub will actually be the "main" radio in the car now. It will give me AM/FM, Ipod, HD Radio, XM, etc........... There are inputs for the Hub that allow the factoy NAV to tie into it so you can use it's features in the "Aux" mode. It should be a very nice setup. The BMW and Acura guys are using it and love it. It's not cheap to do it this way but the input signal to my JL amps will be perfect now. I'll post a link to the hub for you. If you want more info Jim .........PM me and I'll give you a call.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=VPA-B222&lang=en&tab=D

Shane

#6 ·
Jim,

Yep. Direct connection for Ipod was a big selling feature for me too. Mod for the factory Nav was $450.00 and the hub was $469.00. Not cheap, but worth it to me. The add ons you can do to the hub make it worth it for me too. I'm hoping I can take the input signal going to the factory Bose amp (It's just a single left and right input) and run it into the Hub. If you tap the signal there you lose volume control and bass and treble controls but I'll get that back with the hub. The only thing that bothers me is the voice promp for the Nav but I'm not certain one way or the other if I'll loose that taping in it there. If I do, I've got another idea. I'm going to document and post pics of everything I do so it can help others if they go this route.

Shane

#7 ·
Shane,
You don't mind if I look you up as I'm passing by Conroe on my way to Houston do you? I'm an audiophile myself, I have the JL 500/1 pushing a W7 H.O. You still have factory components or have you changed all that out?
When will you get your Nav unit back?

#8 · (Edited)
I've changed everything out. JL components in front doors, JL coax's rear doors (300/4)and a JL 12w6 (500/1)in the trunk (sealed)facing the rear seat with a cutout in the armrest. Let me know when your coming and I'll meet you some place. I'm redoing my sub enclosure right now but I may have it playing again this weekend. Still waiting on vinyl and suede. NAV is going out Monday to Dominic at TVandNAV2GO and Vehiclehub should be here Friday. I'll PM you my cell number, I've got it on me all the time.

Shane

#9 ·
GMBound, didn't you have a friend that'd do the NAV hack for 250? Shane you should just have his guy hook you up.

750 total; like I said in a previous/similar thread, if I knew about, or had some free time to look into this audio-tech ish, I'd go for that.

Shane, you should tie in a computer to your system ... so that I could get some insight on how to go about doing that, as well. Heh. Looking forward to see how it turns out. Still not entirely clear on what the hell we need the hub for and what advantages/benefits it provides (even after looking at the site), but I wanna see.

#10 ·
That was the same company that he went with. It was no personal friend of mine. I just called to find out what they could do for us and how much they wanted to do it.

Seeing is believing, I'm not so sure about the Hub myself, but I sure would like to see (hear) if it makes a difference or not.

#11 ·
Well, we'll no soon. The hub is supposed to be here Tuesday and I've got everything taken apart ready for it to go in. The only question I have is about the speaker input into it for the factory NAV. Going to talk to Alpine about it but the way I have it mapped out it should be fine.

Shane

#14 ·
SSmith
What did you do with this setup after you changed headunits to the W205?
Do you know of a way to integrate IPOD video with the Factory Nav unit?
I seen the IPOD video play through the Kenwood 7100 and I now got to have one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.