: Stupid dogs chewing up stupid sprinkler heads in the stupid backyard of the stupid...

Spyder
06-26-07, 01:21 PM
new giant house. Damnitt.

That's what I've spent my last few hours doing. Replacing sprinkler heads and piping. Little bastard, in the time it took me to go from the back yard to the truck for a pair of pliers and back to the backyard, had chewed up one of the NEW ones I got. Damnitt!

Now they're all finished and shiny and new and coated in liquid dishwashing soap. Hahaha...that WAS damned funny the first time he went and licked the one I had coated. Yelped and moaned and whined and went and hid in his house.

Hopefully he'll learn not to eat them. It worked on the horses when they chewed up the top board of the old corral!

the cadillac kid
06-27-07, 12:23 AM
:jawdrop:

Spyder
06-27-07, 12:49 AM
Why the jaw-dropping?!

thu
06-27-07, 12:57 AM
I'd make the neighbors pay for it.

However, I'd be more, uh, forceful to the mutts. I'd put the hottest hot sauce on it (like Dave's Insanity Sauce) in addition to the dishsoap. That will also get the attention of its owner to do something to stop it.

the cadillac kid
06-27-07, 01:12 AM
^... i thought it was ur dog :hmm:

Red_October_7000
06-27-07, 02:08 AM
That is, by far, the funniest thing I've read all week. Thank you!

JC316
06-27-07, 02:29 AM
Heh, you think that is bad? Rottweiler pups are NOTORIOUS for their energy and destructiveness.

Mine did the following:

Chewed 50ft water hose into 2" pieces
Destroyed many clothes that were hung out
Tore freshly installed carpet out of his dog house
Uprooted every plant
Broke into metal buliding and had his way with collectables
Tore hole in sheet rock in freezer room
Dug holes worthy of John Deer
Destroyed plastic water dish
Ate his harness.....and collar
Chewed sprinkler ends off

Needless to say, I was about ready to murder him..... Slowly and painfully.

EcSTSatic
06-27-07, 08:49 AM
Funny stuff Spyder. Dogs are strange. My male Norwegian Elkhound ripped all of the panelling and insulation out of his new doghouse. I left it that way.

gdwriter
06-27-07, 12:23 PM
Although Labs are notorious chewers, the only thing Hoover chews are leashes. Did you put in brass sprinkler heads?

The ex and I put in sprinklers when we did the landscaping at my house, but I kept running over ones with the lawnmower, and there were other problems. Since my water bill is often my highest utility (ironic since I live less than a mile from the Willamette River), I don't water my back yard at all and only do the front once a week after I mow.

Spyder
06-27-07, 12:52 PM
Nah, the dogs (3) belong to the girls. I just have my Kitty. One mini daschound, one english bulldog, one ...can never remember what the hell it is but its a bulldog and SOMETHING that is super desireable to breed with the female bulldog, which is why she got it. It's the one I can't remember that chews stuff. He's five months and the size of a moose.

I wish I could make the neighbors pay for it...they've got a whole 'nuther problem with me. I'll start a new thread. :)