Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pulling the trigger on a cam.

957 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  04CTSVFLA 
#1 ·
I know my wife will notice a big cam so I decided on the TR CheatR Cam. anyone else running this cam. In the future I will add the TPIS 90mm LS6/LS2 frankenMani. with ported LS2 TB. Any thoughts. I am hoping in the end I will be near 380 rwhp or so.

#13 ·
in all honesty, Im not 100% sure but listen to my 2 cents. With our differential problems, more low end torque isnt really going to help you out to much. With that said, you may want to choose a cam based on where it makes power. Logically for our cars bc of our differential woes, we would like to make up as much power up top as possible to negate the power lost down low due to : wheel hop, wheel spin, or simply needing to granny shift to keep the diff from grenading. So, IMO, I would go with a bigger cam (not to big) but one that makes more midrange and top end power. That way youll spare the diffy and make up the power up top. Just a little logical thinking.....I mean the low end torque we have stock is already pushing it with the differential.

#14 ·
I would have to agree with 04CTSVFLA, in that you should concentrate on the strenghts of the V (the ability of the LS6 to rev and make power) and cam to enhance this top end performance (until you drop the 6500 large on a stronger rearend package:rolleyes: ). Besides, remember, the end of the race is what everyone remembers - not the 60'!:bouncy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.