: A/C rumble

top tiger
06-25-07, 06:18 PM
My 2004 V8 AWD has a rumble/vibration at idle with the air conditioning on. Turning off the A/C or raising engine speed eliminates the vibration. It feels/sounds like being next to a car with one of those annoying, booming bass systems. Anyone else encountered/corrected this?

ArcticAir
07-03-07, 01:03 PM
My 2007 SRX has the same problem. I dont think GM puts much thought into engine idling smoothness. I would perfer not to feel the motor idle at all but it seems that in all the recent GM's i have driven this is a problem. I had a 2000 Chev Cavlier that you thought had stalled at stop lights because it was so dam smooth and quite !

terryk
07-04-07, 02:11 PM
My 2004 V8 AWD has a rumble/vibration at idle with the air conditioning on. Turning off the A/C or raising engine speed eliminates the vibration. It feels/sounds like being next to a car with one of those annoying, booming bass systems. Anyone else encountered/corrected this?

Something is probably mechanically loose. GM puts tons of effort into getting a smooth idle in both the PCM program code and mechanically.

Take her in.

louisn
07-05-07, 08:17 AM
Toyota's 6 cylinders have the smoothest idle that I've experienced. Can't even tell they're running unless you check the tach.