: Well, I never thought it would happen.....

pimpin88
06-24-07, 10:41 PM
but I am now Cadillacless. :confused: :rant2: :alchi: :alchi: :alchi: :eek:

I sold my 2001 SLS back in March and my Brougham just sold on ebay.

I can't believe I let the Brougham go so cheap. Only one bid on it and it went for $500. I wanted to hang onto it and restore it because of all the sentimental value that it has for me, but I just don't have the time or a place to restore it, and after looking at it closely it had a million little problems and would probably have been well over 12k to restore it to the shape that I wanted it in. I can buy one in mint condition with low miles for like 4-5k.

Hopefully I'll be back in a Cadillac in a few years when I graduate from college. I'll just try and save up some money with the Roadmaster right now and make it last me through school. When I graduate the new cts-v, camaro and who knows what else will be out, but I would really like to get an old classic cadillac 50-60's era. Oh well, I guess life goes on. :alchi: :alchi: :alchi: :alchi: :alchi:

96Fleetwood
06-24-07, 10:46 PM
Wow! I was watching that auction and almost bid on it.. but I had no way to get the car back to Chicago :(

Hopefully it will be going to a good home or at least it will be used to keep another Fleetwood on the road :thumbsup:

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-24-07, 10:46 PM
It happens, atleast you've got the Roadmaster, that's the next best thing.

90Brougham350
06-24-07, 11:08 PM
Sorry to see your Brougham go, she was a beaut. Be sure to stick around the forums, you're a quality member, we'd hate to see you go.

Brian

Jonas McFeely
06-24-07, 11:12 PM
Sad.

DopeStar 156
06-25-07, 01:09 AM
Wow, no offense but what a waste, $500? I'd have set a better reserve. Well this means one thing.....

<-<- ONLY AUTUMN MAPLE FIREMIST FLEETWOOD ON THE BOARD!!!! :lildevil:

Cadillac Giovanni
06-25-07, 02:25 AM
When in the course of human events, it becomes necessary for one person to dissolve the bonds that have connected them to a Cadillac...

I totally understand, money is a big issue, and It's hard to afford repairing an old car that would nickel and dime you to death when there are ones in good shape available when you have the dough.

Someday, it will return to you, perhaps not the same exact car, but the spirit will be there.

Destroyer
06-25-07, 06:40 AM
I feel your pain, I'm Cadillac-less for the first time since 2003 and I've gone through 3 Cadillacs during that time. I'll be back though.

pimpin88
06-25-07, 08:24 AM
Wow, no offense but what a waste, $500? I'd have set a better reserve. Well this means one thing.....

Bwahahahaha, not if the guy doesnt pay up. :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

If that happens, it will probably be parted out and hopefully keep a lot of other broughams on the road. Sad though, only 94,000 miles.

I should have bought Destroyers :rolleyes:

96Fleetwood
06-25-07, 10:17 AM

You and me both!

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-25-07, 10:54 AM
On a related note, with all the mention of Autumn Maple Firemist Broughams in this thread, I bought the 1986 Fleetwood Brougham brochure this weekend, and on page eight, there is a really good pic of a autumn maple firemist Brougham. I saw it and thought "hey, that's just like Dopestar's and Andrew's!"

pimpin88
06-25-07, 11:18 AM
On a related note, with all the mention of Autumn Maple Firemist Broughams in this thread, I bought the 1986 Fleetwood Brougham brochure this weekend, and on page eight, there is a really good pic of a autumn maple firemist Brougham. I saw it and thought "hey, that's just like Dopestar's and Andrew's!"

Chad, you wouldn't happen to know the production numbers for the Autumn Maple Firemist Broughams would you? I've heard that they are rare, and other than Dopestar's I've never seen another one around.

pimpin88
06-25-07, 11:21 AM
You and me both!

The look that Destroyer had with his car was what I was going to try and replicate with my Brougham. But there is no way I could have done that for $3200-3500 or whatever he sold his car for.

So I've decided that I just need to get a really good job and own a whole fleet of cars. One of which will be an Autumn Maple Firemist Brougham. :thumbsup:

Benzilla
06-25-07, 11:35 AM
There's a mint condition 1991 Autumn Maple Firemist Brougham d'Elegance with the wire wheels for sale in my town... old man owned. Beautiful car. Near mint. 305. Somebody come buy it!

I might post a couple pictures next to my '90, it really is a knockout.

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-25-07, 03:35 PM
Chad, you wouldn't happen to know the production numbers for the Autumn Maple Firemist Broughams would you? I've heard that they are rare, and other than Dopestar's I've never seen another one around.

No, but I bet Sandy would.

pimpin88
06-25-07, 07:24 PM
Well, the guy just put the deposit down, I wasn't sure if he was going to or not. So I guess there's no looking back now.

Destroyer
06-25-07, 09:01 PM
The look that Destroyer had with his car was what I was going to try and replicate with my Brougham. But there is no way I could have done that for $3200-3500 or whatever he sold his car for.

So I've decided that I just need to get a really good job and own a whole fleet of cars. One of which will be an Autumn Maple Firemist Brougham. :thumbsup:
It sold for $2800 w/out the SS wheels. The "look" was really not that big of a deal. Just the Impala SS lowering springs which were like $380 (actually less cause I sold the rear lowered springs on ebay for $150 and bought stock used SS rear springs for $8), and KYB shocks. And of course the SS wheels/tires and a nice clean Caddy. :bouncy:

DopeStar 156
06-25-07, 09:11 PM
Bwahahahaha, not if the guy doesnt pay up. :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

If that happens, it will probably be parted out and hopefully keep a lot of other broughams on the road. Sad though, only 94,000 miles.

Honestly I hope he doesn't pay, you coulda got way more for it than $500. By the way, do I get a cut because I sent you those seat pieces?!
:lildevil:

pimpin88
06-25-07, 10:39 PM
Honestly I hope he doesn't pay, you coulda got way more for it than $500. By the way, do I get a cut because I sent you those seat pieces?!
:lildevil:

That thing is probably worth $500 in scrap not to mention the perfectly good engine and tranny. :rant2:

I'll sell them back to you for $400, that'll make my car worth $900 :stirpot: :stirpot:

He did put the deposit down though. The email he sent it from was something about broughamboyz spelled just like that. So if he is going to put some money into it, or make it a lowrider I totally respect that and I'd be happy that someone is giving it the love I'm not right now.

brougham_geezer
06-26-07, 07:22 PM

Dope, I hate to burst your bubble, buuuuuut..

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/jn_parisienne/DSC04035.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/jn_parisienne/DSC04038.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/jn_parisienne/DSC04036.jpg
we can be a team? :highfive:
I don't have your d'elegance int. however. Besides you still have the extreme one up on me... owning one of the beautiful '75-'76 caddies i dream about every night! :)

P.S. Pimpin88, didn't yours have the drop-dead-gorgeous bright red interior? Claret red, I think it's called? (correct me if i'm wrong)

96Fleetwood
06-26-07, 07:27 PM
I am loving your Parisienne sedan! How about more pictures and info about it? :thumbsup:

pimpin88
06-28-07, 09:48 AM
Dope, I hate to burst your bubble, buuuuuut..

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/jn_parisienne/DSC04035.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/jn_parisienne/DSC04038.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j82/jn_parisienne/DSC04036.jpg
we can be a team? :highfive:
I don't have your d'elegance int. however. Besides you still have the extreme one up on me... owning one of the beautiful '75-'76 caddies i dream about every night! :)

P.S. Pimpin88, didn't yours have the drop-dead-gorgeous bright red interior? Claret red, I think it's called? (correct me if i'm wrong)

It's a darker red, non d'elegance velour seating. That would have been pretty cool if I had the bright red. I love that color.

Destroyer
06-28-07, 11:32 PM
I am loving your Parisienne sedan! How about more pictures and info about it? :thumbsup:
I'm really starting to like the Parisienne w/the Poncho rally wheels, pretty damn muscle-car like. :thumbsup:

pimpin88
08-20-07, 05:16 PM
Well, the guy never came to pay for the car, so I still have it. I posted it on craigslist and a guy that restores them came to look at it and told me some stuff I never knew about it. Apparently the roof is all rotted, didn't know that, and the drivers side rocker panel is gone, and I mean gone.

So how much of a market is there for parts from these cars because I keep getting offers for $500 but I parted my old Roadmaster out for way more than that and it was in worse condition. Is it worth me parting it out, or just sell it for $500?

Benzilla
08-20-07, 05:27 PM
Drive down to Tennessee and have my paint guy redo it, lol. I bet it would be under 2 grand to say bye-bye to the rust forever.

cadillacmike68
08-20-07, 11:43 PM

That's supposed to be something to be proud of? :stirpot::D

N0DIH
08-20-07, 11:58 PM
Now to top it off with a built THM200-4R and mild 455 with 71 400 4BBL heads #96 or 72 400 4BBL heads #7K3 (makes a sweet 9.6:1 compression) and old 067 cam with a Impala SS/9C1 rear disc axle (like the one I have for sale (http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2879&sort=1&cat=15&page=1), shameless plug I know....) and FE2 sway bars (http://www.cadillacforums.com/cadillac-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2863&sort=1&cat=3&page=1) (yes, I have those for sale too, they are the same as 9C1 cop car, Impala SS and ride/handling Fleetwood FE2 suspension) you have a GREAT killer street car!

(yes, I have the heads for sale too....just contact me on them)

I'm really starting to like the Parisienne w/the Poncho rally wheels, pretty damn muscle-car like. :thumbsup: