Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Custom Double Din: 1997 Eldorado - 727kid

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CadillacSTS42005 
#1 · (Edited)
On behalf of 727kid, who lost his password, here is a post he asked I post for him. All props go to him.

This was a fun project to fit this double-din in here, it is a very clean look when done though. I first tested the HU n there is plastic behind hte radio that needed cut out. Thanks to the solder gun that was taking care of. Next I cut out the single din dash kit, a dremel and sand paper took care of that. I then had to make custom mounting brackets, in the first pic you see one screw back a lil, I took 2 90degree pieces of metal and drilled on each side so it mounts there n mounts to the radio. I had to mount the brackets first than make a U shaped cutout on the other side of the bracket so the radio could slide in place, I made each cutout a lil big so I could adjust the radio posistion. I took the brackets from the metra kit that connect the AC unit and Stereo in place and broke off the top half just so it goes to the AC unit and hot glued it to the AC unit. I then made a custom piece and hot glued it to the bottom of the dash kit so it fits firmly in the studs coming off the AC unit. Once I got everything where I wanted it I mounted the dash kit over it (picture 2) to see if it was how I liked. Next I took some ABS plastic and cut it to fill the gaps on the sides and hot glued on to the dash kit. Then I used some body filler to fill it up to the face of the kit and sanded it down 40-80-180-220-320, hit it with primer and than black :)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.