Cadillac Owners Forum banner
7K views 108 replies 29 participants last post by  Mad'lac 
#1 ·
I'm telling you every day I see more and more civics with pissed of bumble bee mufflers and a few nitto racing stickers on them. This upsets me. If your gonna go and buy a car for preformace then go and buy a Vette, by the time you get these cars to run decent you've paid for a new Z06 vette. Anyone else tired of the import deal. There are some imports that I respect NSX, 3000GT VR4, just to name a few these cars are worthy of the SPORTS car image, but if your a highschool student and mommy and daddy just bought you a civic and you put a sticker and a pissed of bumble bee muffler on in and think your the fast and furious, PLEASE STOP.

#2 ·
If your a true auto enthusiast, then you would appreciate the late Hirohito Honda and what he accomplished and his commitment to engineering.

How many times has GM, Ford or Chrysler won a F1 title? If you can beat Ferrari and Mercedes in the worlds top motorsport forum, then you deserve props in my book.

#3 ·
They do get annoying, BUT they are fun to race and beat, although some can be really fast.

#4 ·
I dont have any issues with people fixing up their cars. They too think they are enthuseists although our tastes are sure different. At age 16 I couldnt wait to get a glass pack on the old 55 chevy 6 cyl. I know it made it go faster.
Live & let live and only worry about something you have control over.

#5 ·
i appreciate the true enthisuast that make these cars actually go fast without making it look hideous. I hate seeing high school kids with carbon fiber hood and racing seats to reduce weight and then add 3 tier picnic table spoiler, so called body kit all around it with 20" wheels to cancel the effects of weight loss and add more weight to the car :rolleyes:

#6 ·
I like them! I think their funny......In a pathetic cheesey kind of way!

#7 ·
I agree, a true car person will make his car go faster, not make it look like it will go faster.

MY cousin is a typical ricer. He bought a civic with 175k for 2000, swapped engine and tranny, added 18s, a wing, front end thingy, carbon fiber look alike rearview mirrors, stupid looking seat [probably just covers], and a tach. This thing didnt even come with power steering!! Sad, because with all that money he could have got some decent rice (Q45) or a cadillac. But I guess he is too "cool" to have a cadillac.

#8 ·
kcnewell said:
I like them! I think their funny......In a pathetic cheesey kind of way!
Thats how I feel about the red necks 'Pep Boys' equiped fade painted pick-up trucks. I can never guess if there's a Texas Cowboy or Mexican Norteno driving one.

Gold striped Vogue Tyres and 'simulated convertable tops' on Cadillacs aren't my thing either.

The simple fact is there are people with poor taste. We can't prevent people from poor taste buying Cadillac's anymore than we can prevent them from buying Honda's.

But I certainly wouldn't want to be lumped in with those balding gold chain wearing Cadillac owners in an import boards 'Caddie rant'.

We can only make our own car's right in our own eyes. But someone will come along and criticize it for being too heavy, slow, or ill handling. Certainly there are many, many better car's than a Cadillac if speed and handling for 5 passengers is the only goal.

So I'm with Kempie on this, "Live & let live and only worry about something you have control over."

Caddie vs Ricer is getting old here.

#9 ·
So really what your saying hotrod is that if you put a KN air filter on your car with a muffler and said this is the badest car on the planet then everything would be ok. The fact is that if you want to customize a car then buy an old Chevy camaro with a 350 and have enough money left over to make it run in the 12s not get a civic put a muffler and think you can race anyone around town. As far as things you can’t control, if people who are enthusiasts continue to condone this type of action and say it’s acceptable for you to do without putting time and effort into customizing the car then things will never change. If you are a true sports car fan then you will appreciate the sole drivers that do it right the first time no matter what car they drive. If you own a civic and put lots and lots of time, effort, and money in it and it is truly customized then great more power to you. But if you think that someone who puts a muffler and stickers on a car and say its customized then that’s a different story. Basically what I am saying is not the ricer itself is such a bad thing, I'm saying that the people who try and FAKE customize their cars are what makes me mad. I would figure that people who enjoy working on their cars would have the same thoughts about all the hipe in putting a wing on a car and calling it customized.

Attachments

#10 ·
I agree, its just completely retarted to make a car look fast and it cant do anything, but the few ricers that look fast and GO fast, then that is a slightly different story.

#11 ·
gspencer914 said:
So really what your saying hotrod is that if you put a KN air filter on your car with a muffler and said this is the badest car on the planet then everything would be ok.
If putting a screaming chicken on the hood of your ugly gold and black '80's sports car makes you feel superior to the guy who has a sticker collection on his import car, then who am I to tell you both that you have bad taste. That's all I'm saying.

The fact is that if you want to customize a car then buy an old Chevy camaro with a 350 and have enough money left over to make it run in the 12s not get a civic put a muffler and think you can race anyone around town.
That's not a fact. That's your opinion, which is your privledge to hold since it's America. But when you start enforcing your opinion, thats facism.

I'm not a car fascist. I'm an enthusiast.

As far as things you can’t control, if people who are enthusiasts continue to condone this type of action and say it’s acceptable for you to do without putting time and effort into customizing the car then things will never change.
Have you ever seen a Rat Rod? There are many street rodders who think they are ugly and a waste of a good car. But who cares as long as the owner enjoys the car?

If you are a true sports car fan...
Most people I've known who claim to be true sports car fans would never consider buying an American muscle car. They are narrow minded too.

...then you will appreciate the sole drivers that do it right the first time no matter what car they drive.
I appreciate that there are some kids who are in college and want a reliable car for transportation but can't afford to 'customize' their car to your standards. So they get a muffler and put a sticker on it.

At least it's not a screaming chicken on the hood. Or an NRA sticker on the rear window. Or a Gore/Leiberman sticker on the bumper. Or...

#12 ·
elwesso said:
I agree, its just completely retarted to make a car look fast and it cant do anything, but the few ricers that look fast and GO fast, then that is a slightly different story.
Yea, it is pretty RETARDED that stock Cavaliers that look fast get beat by stock Civic's that look slow. You'd think GM would have learned a lesson from the '70's.

#13 ·
I can't stand rice..I was behind a black honda shitvic...or honda terd, I can't remember which one it was, but he has stickers all over it & a HUGE exhaust pipe..when he went by, I swear it sounded like a baby blowing rasberries out his mouth! I hated it...but that's just me. There is a cool site...ricehatersclub.com, if you aint into rice. :D

#14 ·
elwesso said:
I think it's completely RETARDED to spell RETARDED that way! The B.F. count rises.....Yet again!:banghead:

#17 ·
That's not a fact. That's your opinion, which is your privledge to hold since it's America. But when you start enforcing your opinion, thats facism.

I'm not a car fascist. I'm an enthusiast.

I'm sorry if your unable to read between the lines. The camaro thing is just an example. This is just one of the many cars that you may purchase cheap and fix-up relativly inexpensive. As far as this being america, I have defended this country time and time again in the battle field not watching it from CNN. I also think that most people find it hard to see that if we buy products that are made by our own country then it helps the american worker. Not the country that once tried to deface america.

I appreciate that there are some kids who are in college and want a reliable car for transportation but can't afford to 'customize' their car to your standards. So they get a muffler and put a sticker on it.

My standards of customizing a car are not that bad, but if your gonna claim to customize a car then do it right the first time. Dont think a sticker and exhaust classifies a car a customized. If you cant afford to do it then by all means dont. If most people who are car buffs think that customizing a car is more than a sticker and muffler then so be it. As far as I'm concerned I see customizing a car by making drastic changes to engine, or body sytle. This is the true form of customizing. Take Katshot for an example, he truely customized his car. This is not me putting my ideas in your head its the truth.

#18 ·
gspencer914 said:
I'm sorry if your unable to read between the lines. The camaro thing is just an example. This is just one of the many cars that you may purchase cheap and fix-up relativly inexpensive.
When an author writes something and claims it to be fact, it's not up to the reader to interpret what the author really meant to say. As the reader I take you at your word.

As far as this being america, I have defended this country time and time again in the battle field not watching it from CNN.
First, CNN sucks. I prefer the fair and balanced FOX. Second, I served my 4 years, as did my father, as did his father who died in WWII. So please stop playing the star spangled banner, you sound like a politician.

I also think that most people find it hard to see that if we buy products that are made by our own country then it helps the american worker. Not the country that once tried to deface america.
Ok, we aren't Arab's that hold 1000 year grudges against some country that wronged our great grand puba along time ago. We are American's. We forgive and forget.

Besides, we are talking mostly used car's. So it doesn't support anyone except the used car dealer or the private party, who are all Americans (unless they are immigrants, is it ok with you if we buy car's from Japanese immigrants?).

And exactly what is an American car? One that's assembled by Canadians or Mexicans? That doesn't help American workers. But buying an Accord or Camry would.

My standards of customizing a car are not that bad, but if your gonna claim to customize a car then do it right the first time. Dont think a sticker and exhaust classifies a car a customized. If you cant afford to do it then by all means dont. If most people who are car buffs think that customizing a car is more than a sticker and muffler then so be it. As far as I'm concerned I see customizing a car by making drastic changes to engine, or body sytle. This is the true form of customizing. Take Katshot for an example, he truely customized his car. This is not me putting my ideas in your head its the truth.
You're right, your standards for customizing a car are very low. I think if you begin using the term 'modifying', as most car guys do, then a Honda with an exhaust qualifies as modified. I don't think anyone really customizes their exhaust or engine. It's hot rodded or modified. Custom seems reserved for the body or the interior.

And a custom car doesn't even need to run. Many famous show winning customs didn't.

#20 ·
I guess this is an epidemic up here as well. Guys putting Bazooka exhaust tips, huge aluminum wings, and mag wheels on their civics. It's the stickers and the wing that look silly to me. (I love the Bandit Trans Ams with the chicken however) It all comes from that movie "Fast and Furious". Wait until number two is released soon, then we will see other cars butchered as well.

#21 ·
KC, i set that one up to make sure you're still on top of your game :D :histeric: :rofl:

#22 ·
Ralph said:
I guess this is an epidemic up here as well. Guys putting Bazooka exhaust tips, huge aluminum wings, and mag wheels on their civics. It's the stickers and the wing that look silly to me. (I love the Bandit Trans Ams with the chicken however) It all comes from that movie "Fast and Furious". Wait until number two is released soon, then we will see other cars butchered as well.
i was planning on getting a supra at the time but i changed my mind after f&F got released and it raised the price of supra by 2~3 times more

#23 ·
elwesso said:
KC, i set that one up to make sure you're still on top of your game :D :histeric: :rofl:
Wes!......You're SO F.O.S.!!:D Nice try though.

#25 ·
Ralph said:
For Supra's, I like the mid '80's style. (two tone red and black comes to memory)
i like the last gen since they're awesome on track and dyno.
Hopefully F&F won't jackup the price on other cars when it comes out.

#26 ·
I was out driving yesterday, when a Beetle and a 2 door saturn whizzed by me, all "riced" out. The funny part was i was behind them at a light, and they punched it when it turned green, but they didnt really go anywhere, just a lot of noise, obviously both cars were stock, it was funny to watch. Probably the only race either one of them ever had a chance of winning.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.