Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Need help with amp/speakers QUICK PLEASE!

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  stockup 
#1 ·
Before i say anything: This is a 93 cadillac seville STS With the bose system!

Ok, The rear and driver side front speakers are not working. The drivers side speaker makes the ''popping'' noise when you turn on the radio. But still doesnt work. Sometimes when im driving down the road the speaker will come on and go back off. Whats wrong? Wire shortage or somthing? And for the rear, they never work. When i turn up the radio all the way and put it on just rear speakers you can barley hear anything coming from the rears.. Whats wrong there? Bad amp? Fuse? Another question, Can i hook up a new sony head unit and completly do away with the stock amps? How can i do that? Need help before i go to the store to buy radio stuff. Thanks

#2 ·
Your amps are bad. Each speaker has it's own amp attached to it and they have gone bad.

You CANNOT use an aftermarket head unit or amp with the Bose speakers because they are 1ohm and will burn it up (Trust me on this one, I know).

You best option is to tear out the system and install a new HU and speakers. Or you can buy some replacement amps from ebay, or get them rebulit.

#5 ·
Thankyou for your help, I will be buying new speakers today. Do you know what size speakers are in the front? They seem to be around the 4'' Mark.. And how do i remove the door panel safly? How do you take off the window and mirror control panel/and the door lock panel? Thanks again for your help.

#6 ·
The front speakers are like 3.5", but you can make a wooden insert to hold a 5.25, 6.5, or even 6x9's up there. I put 6x9's in.

You just pull up on the window switch and pull out on the lock switch.

There are several screws to the door panel. There is one behind the lock panel, one under the window switch panel, and one under the carpeted area of the door. You just pull a small flap out and the screw will be there.

Next you push the panel UP, DO NOT pull it toward you

#7 ·
Ok, ive got my subs and all of the other speakers i need. I need to rip out the old radio and speaker wires and rerun all new wires. Where are all of the amp and speaker wires run? I want to rip out the old and put in the new in the same places the old wires are ran. Either I need a diagram or someone can tell me where the wires are ran. Like what panels,carpet and seats do i need to take out to get to them? Thanks

#8 ·
I would leave the old wires there in case you want to go back to stock or a future owner. They will not be in your way. If you put a sub in the trunk, run the power wire on the other side of the car from the speaker wires. I know this is a major pain, but if you don't, you will get a power hum through your speaker wires. Also run you RCA cable with your speaker wires. This is only if you use a sub.

Dan

#9 ·
I have a complete Bose system that I got out of a wrecked Eldo, if I can't get a reply on how to install in my Seville, I may sell them. Seems like I gotta have so many messages on here before I can post a private message and I don't see my messages posted, so I don't know what to do.

Dan
618-732-6215

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.