: Corvette Light-Up Silver Dollar

Jonas McFeely
06-23-07, 04:08 PM
So i was watching TV and i see this commercial for a Corvette Silver Dollar. Even better, the headlights light up! Its also LEGAL TENDER!Wow. What will they think of next?

$19.95. I want one.

http://www.nationalcollectorsmint.com/product2.jsp?path=-1%7C6351&id=6345

http://www.nationalcollectorsmint.com/images/products/19758_lg.jpg

Adam
06-23-07, 04:59 PM
I already ordered mine! I looked at a red 95 Corvette last monday. I got to drive it around. Damn thing was fast! Didn't like the ride of it and I was a little cramped compared to the 97 & ^ Corvettes so I passed on it. They wanted 13k for it. Naah...

AlBundy
06-23-07, 06:48 PM
I though this was about a Vette smokin Silver Dollar's car.:rant2: Great coin thou.

Adam
06-23-07, 06:49 PM
I though this was about a Vette smokin Silver Dollar's car.:rant2: Great coin thou.

I have to admit, I thought the same thing when I first read the title.

Benzilla
06-24-07, 12:12 AM
God, enough with the Corvette junk already! They make everything for those damn plastic little cars.

Not saying I wouldn't take a nice late '80s Vette if it fell into my lap, but enough with the worshiping already.

Adam
06-24-07, 01:35 AM
Ben... do what? :worship: Corvette. The Corvette is my favorite car and has been since I was a little kid. I love that car. And so do many other people. I don't know what the problem is. I think though, if you would read about the history of the Corvette you would look at her a lot different.

Benzilla
06-24-07, 01:56 AM
I'm just tired of them getting all the attention. They're everywhere. Over exploited. They are just always pushed at me, I think the newer styling is ugly regardless of what the history is. I've read up on them, trying like hell to see what everybody else does. And even though now I can appreciate an old one at carshow as much as the next car sitting by it, I don't think I'll ever just drool over them. The only thing I like about the new ones is their American heritage. Other than that, they resemble a slightly melted door stop wedge.

Don't get the wrong idea, I want to like them, but they do nothing at all for me. Now the XLR, that's another story. I like fast, but I also like style.

Adam
06-24-07, 02:03 AM
It's cool. We'll put it like this, a lot of people look at Corvettes the same way that you look at old Cadillacs. They appreciate the history of the car, the oldest name in the automotive industry. They appreciate the fact that GM wanted to do away with it. The history of the guys who built it, who went out on a limb and put their jobs on the line just to get the best car they possibly could. Projects worked on late into the night without GM's consent or even knowledge. So much history behind the Corvette.

Benzilla
06-24-07, 02:11 AM
I can totally respect that, the passion behind them and all of heritage. I'm just tired of seeing thousands of models, special video games, clubs, books, magazines, shows, clothing, mugs, wall hangings, monopoly boards, jewelry, watches... it all builds up, you know what I mean? It's not so much the cars as it is the massive and smothering obsession that has formed around them. I wouldn't disrespect anything GM. But when is enough enough? I'd like to find half that stuff for Cadillac.

Adam
06-24-07, 02:14 AM
I think it's great! But I am a Corvette enthusiast. Hey, I hate to ask but... you know I'm selling my Fleetwood right? I don't know and seriously doubt you could but I'd love to see her go to a good home. So I'll offer it to you if you would like it, I know you'd take care of her. 95 with just over 60k miles.

Benzilla
06-24-07, 02:19 AM
lol, way to change the pace..

You know I love the color of your Fleetwood, and you can't beat 60k original. But the only way I could justify buying another '90s Caddy would be to sell my '90. And I'm not ready for that. So I'll have to pass. Damn, and I've been looking at the '95s. You have the last gen Fleetwood I want to own. But the timing is just off.

Adam
06-24-07, 02:25 AM
Haha, yeah I just want her to go to a good home. I know you would take care of her. Its funny cause when I first got it I had offers left and right. And now... nothing. Oh well, way the cookie crumbles I guess. I thought about trading her in on a C4 but I can't find any "cheap" enough. I know I could turn around and sell the Vette quick but knowing me... I'd keep the damn thing and be stuck where I am now. Ahaha.

Benzilla
06-24-07, 02:32 AM
The C4 is the newest Vette I like, I'd definitely take one of those, for the right price. It still had edges, and it looked lean & fast. Beautiful cars. I'd end up keeping it too, lol. That reminds me, I still gotta unload that Sentra I snatched up, but right now it's really nice on gas haha.

Adam
06-24-07, 02:42 AM
Yeah the C4 is a beautiful machine. I much prefer the C5 and C6< IMHO the most beautiful Corvette made besides the 63-67 Corvettes.

Night Wolf
06-24-07, 05:13 AM
Heh, as a kid I didn't really like the C4 Corvette... and even up until last year I never thought much of them, in terms of speed or handling or anything.

But then all that talk about them ont he forums a few months ago, kinda got me hoooked on them, and I like the 2nd gen C4 a whole lot.... maybe possibly even own one some day... who knows... they are the cheapest Corvette out there... Aimee likes them too....

CadillacSTS42005
06-24-07, 09:41 AM
nope
the Cease-Fire (aka Cross-Fire) Vettes are the most WORTHLESS ones....
my Trans AM was Shit-Fire injected and the ONLY reason i got 2500 for it on trade was because it was a Daytona Pacecar, one of only 2500 built.

Jonas McFeely
06-24-07, 03:29 PM
I dont like Corvettes at all. I made the thread because they made a damn coin that lights up,and its legal tender.Not because i like Corvettes. Corvettes and the people that own them tend to piss me off. Its a great car and you can gho on for hours about bang for buck and all that but i agree with Benzilla, i dont6 get the obsession.

Adam
06-24-07, 06:49 PM
I dont like Corvettes at all. I made the thread because they made a damn coin that lights up,and its legal tender.Not because i like Corvettes. Corvettes and the people that own them tend to piss me off. Its a great car and you can gho on for hours about bang for buck and all that but i agree with Benzilla, i dont6 get the obsession.

Because of the car. The history, the people that built it, everything. It is the most storied car in history.

Silver Dollar
06-24-07, 07:13 PM

Me too :)