: Help me choose my next car

AznPrydeRegalRyde
06-23-07, 02:30 PM
Ill be replacing the CTS very soon. I thought I had it sold about 2 weeks ago, but it never worked out.

I can't figure out what to replace it with. I was thinking a V, but Im not sure I want my 3rd CTS. I think its time for a different car. I like the 335i coupe. In fact I really like this car. And you can get serious power with light mods. 350 whp is possible with a tune and exhuast work. Very tempting.

G35? Good power, good handling, good price. 2008 CTS? Im not sure I can deal with a car that is that flashy...I really need to see it in person. Does that grill really stand out as much as the pictures show?
What do you guys think about the C350? Overpriced?

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-23-07, 03:22 PM
335i. Best looking coupe on the market now, probably the best looking BMW ever, and very technologically advanced, IIRC, it's the fastest of all the cars you listed by a large margin.

c5 rv
06-23-07, 06:46 PM
Do you feel the need for more room? SRX

Do you feel the need for more lux? STS

Do you feel the need for a CTS-sized car that rides like a Town Car? MKZ

Night Wolf
06-24-07, 04:50 AM
How true is that last statement?

c5 rv
06-24-07, 08:20 AM
I have a MKZ and at first had a real problem with the way it handled. Then I figured it out and learned to accept it. Cadillac benchmarked BMW for the CTS. I figure Lincoln must have benchmarked the Town Car for the MKZ. I had a co-worker who owns a Mazda 6 (same platform as the MKZ) drive the car. He was amazed at how they changed the whole feel of the car to appear much larger than it is.

Test drive an AWD MKZ and be ready for a wide turning radius and large steering inputs. My 88 year old father, who constantly saws the wheel back and forth as he drives, would feel right at home in that car.

The car is really quite a nice freeway cruiser. It has a lot more rear seat and trunk room than the CTS. The 3.5 engine is very willing once broken in. The biggest drawback is knowing that the platform is shared with a lot of lesser cars. (The Cimarron feeling?) The pricing is much nicer than the CTS. The 3.5 and heated seats are standard. All colors are standard. All options are available ala carte without having to buy a higher trim level. It's hard to find a loaded AWD MKZ with a MSRP above $35K and they sell for a lot less.

odla
06-25-07, 12:31 PM
The v would be a different car. Also i think it is the fastes car in you list. not the 335i

AznPrydeRegalRyde
06-26-07, 12:49 PM
The v would be a different car. Also i think it is the fastes car in you list. not the 335iThe V would not be a different car. I have a CTS, its my 2nd CTS. A V would be my 3rd CTS. Id be looking at the same body, same guages, same Playschool interior for a 3rd time in a row. Not really what Im after. And yes, the V is faster the 335i. No doubt there.

C5rv, I thought I was pretty clear about the class of vehicle I was going for. Luxury is not what Im after.

SRX is a cool van. Blah. That Lincoln is crap to drive. It's too front heavy, understeers pretty bad. It's not very quick, and the suspension wallows.

Id love a C5 Z06 tho, that would rock my world :)

pabstcadillac
06-26-07, 12:54 PM
The V would not be a different car. I have a CTS, its my 2nd CTS. A V would be my 3rd CTS.

Saying that the CTS & the CTS-V are the same car is like saying Nikki & Paris are the same, while 1 is clearly more fun to hang with & the other is the one you'd want to introduce to your mom. :2cents: :alchi:

AznPrydeRegalRyde
06-26-07, 02:22 PM
Saying that the CTS & the CTS-V are the same car is like saying Nikki & Paris are the same, while 1 is clearly more fun to hang with & the other is the one you'd want to introduce to your mom. :2cents: :alchi: I guess you didnt read my post. They are similar enough...

And no, you shouldn't drink. Anyone who thinks theres ANY Hilton girl worth talking to, is allready on the whiskey.

96Fleetwood
06-26-07, 02:56 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S60-R-Turbo-AWD_W0QQitemZ170124250549QQihZ007QQcategoryZ47588Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://i12.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/a6/3d/079e_3.JPG

Volvo S60R. My sister bought one in March and I had the opportunity to drive it from PA to VA. The car is an absolute blast. Hers was an automatic, I can only imagine how good the 6 speed version is. I thought Volvo stopped making a good sports sedan after the 850 T5-R, until I drove this S60R. :thumbsup:

c5 rv
06-26-07, 07:31 PM
C5rv, I thought I was pretty clear about the class of vehicle I was going for.

No, you weren't.

pabstcadillac
06-27-07, 02:35 AM
I guess you didnt read my post. They are similar enough...

I did read your post, but that is where you opinion is simply wrong. :alchi: While it is your opinion it should be taken away from you. :alchi:

AznPrydeRegalRyde
06-27-07, 11:50 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/S60-R-Turbo-AWD_W0QQitemZ170124250549QQihZ007QQcategoryZ47588Q QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://i12.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/a6/3d/079e_3.JPG

Volvo S60R. My sister bought one in March and I had the opportunity to drive it from PA to VA. The car is an absolute blast. Hers was an automatic, I can only imagine how good the 6 speed version is. I thought Volvo stopped making a good sports sedan after the 850 T5-R, until I drove this S60R. :thumbsup:Allready owned one ;) Had a few Evolve go-fast mods too :thumbsup: Nice cars. The chassis control is fun.

AznPrydeRegalRyde
06-27-07, 11:54 AM
I did read your post, but that is where you opinion is simply wrong. :alchi: While it is your opinion it should be taken away from you. :alchi:My opinions of what I want is wrong how?
Ive driven a V plenty. Have you bought a new CTS ever? I have, twice. Do you know what its like to lose $10k each time you drive one off the lot? Im not about to do it a 3rd time for the same car. Especially with a newer version coming out oh soo soon.

Call my opinions wrong if you like, You still think theres a Hilton girl worth more then a dirty rag. ;)

pabstcadillac
06-27-07, 07:55 PM
My opinions of what I want is wrong how?
Ive driven a V plenty. Have you bought a new CTS ever? I have, twice. Do you know what its like to lose $10k each time you drive one off the lot? Im not about to do it a 3rd time for the same car. Especially with a newer version coming out oh soo soon.

Call my opinions wrong if you like, You still think theres a Hilton girl worth more then a dirty rag. ;)

I really don't want to pick this apart, so I'll keep it short.

1) Losing $10k- it's a daily driver, not a collector car. If you're planning a retirement on daily driver I have ocean front property for you in AZ for a steal.

2) Opinions can be wrong, there are people who believe that the twin towers collapsing was caused by termites. That's their opinion, but it is wrong.

3) They are not the same car, they share less than 50% of the same parts.

4) I'm pretty sure the checking accounts & investment brokers of the Hilton's would show they are worth more than a dirty rag. I know you were trying to take a low blow, but again I'm willing to bet they donate more to charity in a year than most people on this board make. That can't be all bad. :alchi:

CIWS
07-01-07, 06:26 PM
Pick up to 4 cars you are interested in, in your price range, and then go and take them each for a test drive. That will probably answer your question. :)

I~LUV~Caddys8792
07-01-07, 07:36 PM
Ever given thought to an STi/Evo? They're in your price range and are a lot sportier (but less luxurious) than any other car on your list.

Jonas McFeely
07-02-07, 05:47 PM
The v would be a different car. Also i think it is the fastes car in you list. not the 335i

BMW 335i sedan:

0-60 4.8
1/4 13.6
70-0 160

CTS-V

0-60 4.8
1/4 13.7
70-0 165

They look about the same to me.

dqw1
07-02-07, 06:02 PM
A V and CTS are the same car? I had a 3.6L CTS and they are not even close. Anyways, good luck in choosing whatever you decide.