Cadillac Owners Forum banner

AC Woes... Its hot out.

831 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jayoldschool 
#1 ·
Hey all. I've got a question, mabye ya'll can help. My 84 DeVilles AC just quit working on me. When I hit the Auto or High button, you hear the compressor click on, the light comes on above your choice, but nothing comes out. I can feel a tiny bit of a fart of cold air from the vents, then its over. My friend thinks it might be a relay, but I dont know what that is. Or where it is.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

#4 ·
It is as easy as changing a windshield wiper. First off, the fan motor is the round thing that looks like Abe Lincoln's top hat sitting right inside the hood in the corner next to the passenger side of the dash. There should be two screws plus a ground wire. Just undo those. Also unplug the wire that powers it; it's right on top. And unplug the small rubber hose. Then the whole unit pulls right out. There will be a turbine in there, so put it on your new one. Then work backards.

However before you go and replace the motor, you might want to make sure it's not something electronic that cutting power from a motor that would otherwise be fully functional.

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.