: Cadillac Escalade Hybrid Spied

Lord Cadillac
06-22-07, 03:21 PM
Coming this fall...

Cadillac engineers have been caught testing an Escalade Hybrid prototype in the Nevada desert. Unlike the Tahoe and Yukon Hybrids, the Escalade Hybrid won't feature any unique styling cues to set it apart. Instead, its driver will have to rely on the relatively subtle badging to announce their eco-consciousness to their friends.

The Hybrid badges were covered with electrical tape on the desert-bound test models. Despite the tape, it was easy to read the raised "Hybrid" lettering when viewed from the right angle. A peek inside the cockpit revealed a large green Hybrid insignia on the Escalade's tachometer.

See pictures and read more... (http://www.leftlanenews.com/spied-cadillac-escalade-hybrid.html)

Playdrv4me
06-22-07, 05:05 PM
Hmm... that doesnt sound right, on the Tahoe and Yukon there are substantially larger grille openings not for looks, but rather for proper ventilation. I am sure that *some* similar concession had to have been made for the Escalade. Its entirely possible that the fascia-changes just hadnt been made to the test mule yet.

The only other difference on the other two was special wheels with lower rolling resistance.

btw... if the covered Hybrid badges dont give it away, the 120V AC plug peeking out from the grille might give you a clue.

Synergetic
06-22-07, 05:53 PM
Yeah, love the Power Plug dangling out the grille and the "proud to be driving a hybrid" in bright lime green on the gauge... priceless :). Atleast the look wasn't sacrificed besides those few elements. I hope it brings good things.

By the way, anyone know what the difference is in performance?