: 2004 Nav Unit failure and disk error check

britsti
06-22-07, 11:10 AM
Guys, any insight in the disk read error or disk error check message I get evey few days on the nav unit. If I eject the disk and reinsert it, it will work again for a day or two. The GPS DVD is brand new.

I am thinking the nav unit is on its way out, this is a certified car, not sure if that is covered.

Thanks.

SL

DLE
06-22-07, 11:27 AM
My 2004 EXT does that from time to time too. Sometimes when I start the truck, it would say error. So i just eject the disc and reinsert it and it will work normal. My stock joystick nav unit is brand new from dealer too. (got it replace due to peeling buttons).

I think its the disc. I dont know. Doesnt bother me too much I guess, since it happens like once a month or so.

Dif
06-23-07, 02:15 PM
Yup, used to happen to my 04 EXT but only once every 2-3 months.
Never stopped working though, and mostly only did it during the winter when it was cold outside.
Sometimes it would do it on start up and other times right in the middle of while it was working.
Never bothered to find out though since it was long between gliches and always still worked aside from that.
It could be the reception but that's just my guess.
If yours is doing it every couple days though, .. might be worth looking into.

SuperC1
09-07-07, 12:31 PM
Having the same problem with mine, it's starting to happen about every other day now.

SuperC1
10-29-07, 04:14 PM
Well, mine finally gave up, it quit all together, I'm shopping for a new unit, maybe aftermarket like the pioneer z2. I cant see paying $1500.00 for another factory one.

SuperC1
04-07-08, 05:55 PM
I think I found the culprit, my DVD disc. I believe that after leaving it in the head unit for so long it may have gotton some heat damage. I got a copy of the new 2008 DVD and it works flawlessly. I would consider making a back up copy of it and putting the original away for safe keeping. That way if the copy gets damaged, just burn another one and keep going. Problem seems to be solved for now.

hcvone
04-08-08, 09:54 AM
I have a friend that had that issue, after replacing his disc he did not have the problem again. :)