: Installing Pioneer Avic-z2 in a few weeks, need advice on wiring interface

memphisstylee
06-21-07, 11:48 PM
Im going to be installing a Pioneer Avic-Z2 in my 2006 Escalade in a few weeks. However, after searching for a while I have run into some questions about what wiring harness I need. It seems like its either the Pac OS-1Bose interface or the Peripheral GMAH24B. What are the pros/cons of each or which one has more people had success with?

memphisstylee
06-22-07, 10:39 PM
anyone?

fierodough
06-12-09, 07:41 AM
I am also interested!

Sloppy D
06-12-09, 12:43 PM
These are basically the same animal just a matter of brand PAC or Peripheral. I usually use PAC just because I can get it easily locally but would use Peripheral the same really no preference, If you got some time check out Ebay you can sometimes get these for 50 or 60 bucks save you a little cash. Just make sure you get the one with ONstar and Bose as long as you have both. which both of these you listed are.

Playdrv4me
06-12-09, 03:05 PM
I use the GMAH24B and it is flawless. I got it for 55.00 on Ebay but they don't show up often. Either will run you approximately 150.00 locally.

fasteddyII
06-13-09, 02:24 PM
Man I have been down this road. ..............
I have a Pioneer Avic F90BT - Love it. I have a Pac-swis for the steering controls and a GMOS 04 for the bose interface. They work great (04 Lade). The problem I had was getting rid of the engine whine. There is a preset on the GMOS- 04 to adjust the level - I was able to crank it down enough that you could not hear any whine when the radio was turned all the way down and it was quiet in the cabin. The problem there was to get the stereo to thump I had to crank the radio all the way up. This was also an issue hearing the automated voice. So I took the GMOS unit and removed the Potentiometer off the board. I bought one at readio shack that could be mounted (10K value). I ran three 30 inch wires to the new controller knob. I mounted it in the little slot above the lighting controls so it is out of the way. Now I can turn that up when I want a hot signal from the radio or turn it down when I want no whine. Another issue is the Onstar lever adjustment - there is a brown (I think its brown) wire that has to be tapped to a ground to adjust the level for onstar. It cycles thru 4 or 5 levels - I added a momentary switch to that wire and to a ground. I mounted that switch in the top of the same slot on the top. Now when I need to use onstar and the level is off I just reach in the slot and push the button a few times till its at a level I like. I can add a picture of the slot if that helps

CEPMAN
07-21-09, 10:02 AM
Wow - fasteddy, that sounds like a lot of work for something that's supposed to be plug and play. I'm about to do an install, and I've heard bad things about the gmos-04.
I'd like something that I can just plug in and go (of course in addition to connecting harness wires)

GCOP
07-21-09, 01:59 PM
I;m running the GMOS-4 on an 04EXT with Pioneer F900BT, no issues.....

ponicg
07-21-09, 03:12 PM
I've got an F90BT with the PAC SWI-PS and Metra GMOS-04. Works perfect. No engine whine, in my 05 Lade Platinum. Love this nav.

Povich
07-22-09, 11:08 AM
I've got an F90BT with the PAC SWI-PS and Metra GMOS-04. Works perfect. No engine whine, in my 05 Lade Platinum. Love this nav.

same thing here except the Avic z1 and no probs whatsoever!:thumbsup:

CEPMAN
07-23-09, 10:43 AM
Ok, well I'm about to put in a JVC nx7000. Plunked down the cash for the head unit - I just think it sucks that I have to spend over $200 more for fricken adapters!

Did you guys just move the brackets from the factory radio to the aftermarket or did you need a kit?